Dividend Proposal Could Spur Better Muni Disclosure
- S&P: Possible Bid to Stop Taxing Dividends Would Impact Munis. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;12/16/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31533, p5
Reports on the possibility of a competition in tax-exempt municipal bond market for investor dollars following the enactment of legislation to eliminate taxation of dividends in the U.S. Benefits to corporations from the legislation; Impact of the legislation on state budgets; Expected...
- Double Taxation Double Speak: Why Repealing Dividend Taxes Is Unfair. Miller, John // Dollars & Sense;Mar/Apr2003, Issue 246, p10
Argues about repealing taxation of dividends in the United States. Estimated percentage of benefits from repealing taxes on dividends that would go to the richest; Average rate of taxation on corporate profits; Ratio of stock resales to new stock sales.
- Munis Close Trading Week Firm; S. Dakota Sells $278M in Tobacco. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;8/26/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31457, p2
Reports the status of the municipal bonds in the U.S. as of August 2002. Impact of stock market decline on bonds demand; Rise in the triple-A municipal bond yields; Factors mediating the negative trend in equity flows.
- Should You Stay Safe or Consider Stocks? // Bank Investment Consultant;May2001, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p26
Offers views on whether to stay safe or consider stocks. Potential of municipal bonds; Equity risk premium; Good opportunity to rebalance; Tax-free investment.
- Muni Funds Register High In Hot July. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;9/4/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31216, p1
No abstract available.
- Municipals Gain 1/8 to ï¿½ Point As Sickly Stocks Push Treasuries. Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;7/10/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31424, p2
Reports increase of the municipal bond prices in the U.S. Decrease in stocks demand ; Growth of the treasuries; Impact of business forecast on investors.
- Munis End Higher as Treasuries Slip; Major Issues Turn in Mixed Showing. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;12/11/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31530, p2
Focuses on various developments in the American stock market on December 11, 2002. Rise in value of municipal bonds; Impact of change in value of stocks on the government; Announcement of the Federal Reserve Board to leave its target rate of overnight loans unchanged; Analysis of the reasons...
- Munis End as Treasuries Rally On Falling Stocks, Weak Economic Data. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;8/9/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31199, p2
Reports the market performance of municipal bonds after inducement of favorable economic data and successful note auction in the United States. Conditions of the stock prices and wholesale inventories; Details on the offering of premium bonds at higher prices; Assessment on the price increases...
- Galloping Govies Drag Munis Up; Florida Balance Put at $135 Million. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;03/31/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30861, p2
Reports on developments in the market for municipal bonds in the United States on March 30, 2000. Absence of a bond rally amidst stock losses; Gains in the secondary market for bonds; Reasons behind the municipal bond market's poor performance levels.