Illinois' New Governor Facing Major Deficit for 2004
- Illinois Budget Imbroglio: Blagojevich to Meet With Lawmakers. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;6/3/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32891, p1
The article reports on a meeting between Governor Rod Blagojevich and General Assembly leaders in Illinois in an effort to address a projected $2.1 billion deficit in the $59 billion fiscal 2009 operating budget. The session ended without approval of a massive $34 billion capital program pushed...
- Illinois Governor Eyes Notes. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/19/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 33007, p1
The article reports on the proposal of Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich of a short-term borrowing to help cut lengthy payment delays. As the state faces $4 billion backlog of bills and $2 billion budget deficit, the governor called for additional departmental cuts, legislative authority to...
- ILLINOIS: Hynes Blasts Blagojevich. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;4/30/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32868, p9
The article reports on the factors contributing to the budget deficits in Illinois, according to comments of Comptroller Dan Hynes. In a speech, Hynes said that the lack of political leadership and the management style of Governor Rod Blagojevich are the main causes of the state's financial...
- Governor's waiting game will prolong budget crisis. Crain, Rance; Reed, Robert; Blake, David; Crown, Judith // Crain's Chicago Business;3/31/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 13, p8
There is growing concern in Illinois regarding Governor Rod Blagojevich's intention to use an anticipated 1.9 billion-dollar in interest savings from the state's 10-billion-dollar pension financing proceeds to close a budget gap in his proposed 2004 budget. The budget is slated to be unveiled...
- Off to slow start, governor must get Illinois moving. Weisman, Joel // Crain's Chicago Business;3/17/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p9
Focuses on the activities required to be done by Illinois governor Rod Blagojevich who won the elections in November 2002. Complaints of a slow start of handling important issues against the governor; Issues that Balgojevich needs to handle on top priority; Proposals made by the governor...
- Teachers' Evaluation. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;4/16/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31616, p31
Reports on Governor Rod Blagojevich's proposed fiscal 2004 budget in Illinois.
- Blago: A political eulogy (hopefully). Coates, Chris // St. Clair Journal;7/6/2011, Vol. 6 Issue 29, pA7
The article discusses former Illinois governor Rod Blagokevich who was found guilty of lying and corruption and of whom the author is critical of the governor's actions from hanging out a window of a sport utility vehicle to crafting a catchphrase to declare his innocence.
- In Twilight of GOP Control, Illinois Dwells on Its Deficit. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/20/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31517, p34
Reports on the influence of the way Democratic Governor Rod Blagojevich will handle a multi-billion dollar budget deficit on the proceedings of Illinois's General Assembly that opened for a veto session as of November 19, 2002. Outgoing Governor George Ryan's efforts to leave a balanced budget...
- Some of guv's inaugural donors could end up on installment plan. Strahler, Steven R. // Crain's Chicago Business;2/24/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 8, p38
Reports that the fund raising committee instituted by Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich is trying to cover an estimated $1.5 million bill. Problems being encountered by donors; Absence of public subsidies in inaugural balls; Total contributions as of January 2003.