California Local Governments Objecting to Davis Budget
- Davis Takes GOP to Task On Budget. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;7/17/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31679, p1
Focuses on efforts made by California Governor Gray Davis to pass the budget for fiscal year 2004. Proposition of cuts for education from kindergarten to colleges by republicans in the budget; Provisions under the fiscal budget.
- Governors and Drunken Sailors. Moore, Stephen // National Review;6/3/2002, Vol. 54 Issue 10, p22
The article focuses on the budgets of various U.S. states. The combined budget of California, New York and Virginia is nearly $20 billion. The state of California under Governor Gray Davis is now combating an estimated $16 billion two-year deficit. It has been observed that eight states want to...
- Disappointment at the start. Maddox, Ken // Orange County Business Journal;02/15/99, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p71
Elaborates on the disappointing aspects of the first state budget proposed by California Governor Gray Davis. Abandonement of the promise to provide reliable funding sources for local government; Budget cuts for Orange County.
- We're Killing the Goose That Lays Our Golden Eggs. Owen, Ted // San Diego Business Journal;6/9/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 23, p34
Comments on the inability of California governor Gray Davis to solve the problems faced by the state. Electricity crisis; Gas shortage; Fiscal crisis.
- Murky forecast for Republican recall candidates. Gibbons, Valerie // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;7/18/2003, Issue 323114, p5
Reports on the petition to recall Governor Gray Davis in California. Number of signatures collected for the petition; Candidates for Davis' replacement.
- Governor Davis, don't fail us now. // Gay & Lesbian Times;4/10/2003, Issue 798, p12
Editorial. Focuses on Governor Gray Davis' support for the gay, lesbian, bisexual and transvestite community. Renewed commitment of the governor on his second term.
- Can governor win California power play? Wood, Daniel B. // Christian Science Monitor;6/21/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 145, p3
Focuses on California Governor Gray Davis, his efforts to win modest federal price controls on wholesale power, and his popularity.
- Electric Shock. Begun, Bret; Meadows, Susannah; Howard, Lucy; Stroup, Katherine // Newsweek;4/16/2001, Vol. 137 Issue 16, p9
Suggests the possibility that California Governor Gray Davis will not be re-elected in 2002 because of the way in which he handled energy crises in California.
- Pros: Calif. May Have Hit Bottom. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;10/6/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31734, p1
Reports on the implication of the gubernatorial recall election of governor Gray Davis on the state budget process in California. Prioritization of the fiscal management and budgetary process in the state; Participation of the investors in the economic condition of the country.