First and Goal, at Last
- Harris County, Tex., Commissioners Say 'Yes' to More Bonds. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;6/6/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31402, p36
Reports the approval of commissioners on projects which will be financed with bonds in Dallas, Texas. Inclusion of general obligations bonds in the approval; Finance of construction of centers for the use of the community in the area; Creation of sports and tourism venues.
- Referendum on Tulsa Convention Center May Be Delayed a Bit. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;08/10/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30951, p4
Reports on a 310 million revenue bond referendum to promote tourism in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Structure of a financing for the proposed convention center complex; Construction of the arena at the Civic Center Plaza.
- TTA looks to create cheaper bond scheme. // Travel Weekly: The Choice of Travel Professionals;5/19/2003, Issue 1668, p2
Reports on the Travel Trust Association's plan to create a cheaper bond scheme that manages risk effectively. Guaranteed benefits of the scheme to its members.
- Scottsdale Tourism Bonds. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;2/9/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33263, p9
The article reports on the proposed 330 million dollars bond project in Scottsdale, Arizona to boost the city's tourism industry, which poll whether to approve the proposal is expected to set in November 2010.
- Orange County, Fla., Hurrying Bond Sale for Convention Center. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;8/31/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31215, p3
Reports on the plan of Orange County Florida to sell revenue bonds for the expansion of the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando. Issuance of revenue bonds backed by tourist development tax on hotel rooms; Impact of economic performance on tourism business; Accounts on the financial...
- Local. // Finance Week;12/08/2000, p8
Reports on developments concerning the South African business sector as of December 8, 2000. Investment swing towards bonds; Signs of recovery exhibited by the tourism industry after suffering a market decline in early 2000; Number of Africans who die from diseases related to the AIDS every year.
- In Kansas, a STAR Bond Program Is Reborn to Spread Development. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;5/27/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31643, p37
This article reports on a bond program going statewide under a bill passed by the Kansas legislature. Bonds sold under the program called STAR for Sales Tax And Revenue previously required legislative approval before any town or county could use them. The tax-exempt bonds are repaid from...
- Florida county unveils huge incentives in bid to become `convention capital'. Molis, Jim // Bond Buyer;07/30/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30446, p6
Focuses on issuance of bonds and tax incentives in Osceola County, Florida to attract economic development projects to boost the area's tourist industry. Value of the bonds; Goal of attracting convention organizers to the area; Revenue sharing agreement formed by the county government with...
- Louisiana Presses On Despite Tourism Fears. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;9/19/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31226, p1
Reports the expansion of Ernest N. Morial Convention Center promote tourism in New Orleans, Louisiana. Amount of bond issued to fund the expansion; Security of bonds through hotel and motel taxes; Fear of tourists due to terrorists attacks.