California Governor Pushes Faster Bonds, With Eye on Jobs
- Davis Vows to Balance California Budget Without 'Gimmicks'. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;1/10/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31550, p5
Reports on California Governor Gray Davis's plans to introduce structural changes to eliminate budget deficits in the state as of January 2003. Davis's comments regarding the nature of the budget for the fiscal year 2003-2004; Revenue shortfall in the state projected by the U.S....
- Gov. Davis Eyes Tobacco For Budget. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;1/11/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31302, p1
Reports on the proposal of California Governor Gray Davis to securitize state's share of the national tobacco settlement for balancing the budget of the fiscal year 2002 without increase in taxes. Budget shortfall in the year; Proposal to reduce expenditure; Finance of the general funds from...
- Gov. Davis' $10 Billion Reduction Plan Gets Some Support. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;12/10/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31529, p7
Reports that California Governor Gray Davis' proposals to cut $10 billion in spending from the state's budget has drawn mild support from local government groups, lawmakers and rating analysts. Date scheduled for presenting the budget plan; Amount by which education funding will be reduced;...
- We're Killing the Goose That Lays Our Golden Eggs. Owen, Ted // San Diego Business Journal;6/9/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 23, p34
Comments on the inability of California governor Gray Davis to solve the problems faced by the state. Electricity crisis; Gas shortage; Fiscal crisis.
- California's brightest star is, well, gray. Van Slambrouck, Paul // Christian Science Monitor;4/17/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 101, p1
Reports on the political success of California's democratic governor, Gray Davis.
- California's budget morass. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;12/6/2002, Issue 323017, p28
Editorial. Reports the proposal of governor Gray Davis to reduce federal budget in California. Impact of budget reduction on state spending; Opposition of Republicans on tax increase; Addition of tax funds to expand state programs.
- Repeating past mistakes. McClintock, Tom // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;3/21/2003, Issue 323062, p25
Comments on the proposed state tax increase by Governor Gray Davis in California. Decline of the retail sales; Reduction of revenue in the cigarette sector; Amount of the budget deficits.
- California Governor Restores State's Superfund Law. // Industrial Paint & Powder;Jul99, Vol. 75 Issue 7, p18
Reports that California Governor Gray Davis has signed legislation reinstating the state's Superfund law. Information on the law; Aim of the state statute; Implication of the move.
- Local Leaders Wrestle Remedies for State Budget. Jones, Rene'e Beasley // San Diego Business Journal;1/27/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p4
Focuses on the budget proposal of California Governor Gray Davis to increase sales and income taxes in the state. Criticism against the state government for paying high wages to local and regional committee members; Call on the state to sell excess lands to the private sector; Suggestion of...