Solid-Waste Refinancing Killed in N.J
- The Real Scandal Is Illegal Borrowing. Scarry, Donald M. // njbiz;7/26/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 30, p16
Focuses on the contract bonds adopted by New Jersey Governor James McGreevey and the New Jersey courts. Provision on public debt under the New Jersey Constitution; Information on the fund borrowed by the governor for the fiscal-year 2005 budget; Disadvantage of borrowing fund from contract bonds.
- New Jersey Judge Waits For Budget. D'Ambrosio, Jill // Bond Buyer;6/28/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31914, p1
Reports on the decision of New Jersey superior court judge to wait until Governor James E. McGreevey signs the state's fiscal 2005 budget before deciding whether the deficit bonding plan in the $28 spending plan is constitutional. Schedule of the oral hearing of the case; Republican senators'...
- Who Will Be Taxed Next Time? Taber, George M. // njbiz;8/2/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 31, p16
Comments on New Jersey Governor James McGreevey's efforts to finance the state government's spending through higher tax impositions. Details of a New Jersey Supreme Court ruling on the unconstitutionality of the state's move to sell bonds against future tax revenue; Overview of Standard &...
- N.J. High Court OKs $2.7B Deal. D'Ambrosio, Jill // Bond Buyer;7/27/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31934, p1
Reports that the New Jersey Supreme Court has cleared the way for the sale of multibillion contract or appropriation-backed deficit bonds. Opposition of state Republicans against Democratic Governor James E. McGreevey's proposed plans in selling deficit bonds to balance the state's books in...
- New Jersey GOP Seeks To Block Debt. D'Ambrosio, Jill // Bond Buyer;6/23/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31911, p1
Reports on the plans of Republican legislators in New Jersey to sue the administration of Democratic Governor James E. McGreevey seeking an injunction to prevent the sale of deficit bonds. Total amount of the deficit bonds; Reason behind the sale of deficit bonds; Purpose of the increase in...
- New Jersey's Governor Declares War on Sprawl. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;1/15/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31553, p26
Reports on New Jersey Governor James E. McGreevey's campaign against suburban sprawl in the state as of January 2003. Proposals made by the governor in his inaugural State of the State address; Reaction of municipal market participants to these proposals; Economic rationale of the governor's...
- New Jersey Sees Low Rates, and Looks to More Open Space. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;3/7/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31588, p44
No abstract available.
- NEW JERSEY: Newark Arena Action. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;11/19/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31268, p41
Reports on the plans of New Jersey's prospective governor James McGreevey to build a sports arena in the state. Criticism of McGreevey's plan.
- New Jersey Governor's Budget Balancing Draws Agency Attention. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;2/14/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31325, p3
Focuses on the plans of New Jersey governor James E. McGreevey for the fiscal budget of 2003. Impact of revenue shortfalls on the budget; Credit ratings set by Standard & Poor's Corp.