FAR WEST Bond-Watch
- Fitch Removes Detroit COPs From Negative Watch. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;6/18/2012, Vol. 380 Issue 33732, p7
The article reports that Fitch Ratings Ltd. lifted its negative rating watch on the 1.5 billion dollars of pension certificates of participation (COPs) of Detroit, Michigan, after the city made a scheduled 34.2 million dollars debt service payment.
- CALIFORNIA: Trinity COPs No Longer Junk. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;8/24/2007, Vol. 261 Issue 32699, p9
The article reports on the return of the underlying rating for Trinity County certificates of participation (COP) to investment grade by Fitch Ratings in California. The upgrade affects the underlying rating for about $715,000 of county COPs. The COP was upgraded based on the county's transfer...
- Rating Dare. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;7/03/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31670, p31
Reports that U.S.-based ratings agency Fitch Ratings Inc. has upgraded Dare County's general obligation bonds. Benefits of the upgradation of bonds to the county; Possible plans of the county to issue certificates of participation.
- NORTHEAST Bond-Watch. Floyd, Daniel F.; Vadum, Matthew; Higginbotham, Stacey // Bond Buyer;09/18/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30977, p37
Reports development related to bonds and bond markets in the Northeastern States as of September 2000. Issuance of joint origination/investment notes in Delaware; Approval of a bill for minting commemorative 25-cent coins; Plans of the New Jersey Transit Corp. to prepare for the certificates of...
- Yolusia county, Fla., Schools Lead Off Round of COP Issuance. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;1/9/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32294, p3
The article reports that the Volusia County School District will start what promises to be an active year for financing new schools in Florida with a two day pricing of $134.5 million of certificates of participation (COP). Hernando County School District and Hillsborough County School District...
- FItch Lowers L.A. School District Debt. Murphy, Gavin // Bond Buyer;7/8/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31921, p1
Reports that Fitch Ratings Inc. has downgraded its rating for debt issued by the Los Angeles Unified School District in Los Angeles, California. Deterioration of financial position in the face of a massive capital spending program; Rating assigned to 2004 Series A tax-exempt certificates of...
- Fitch Upgrades to A Pueblo, Colo., COPs. // Bond Buyer;9/22/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32223, p2
Reports that Fitch Ratings Inc. has upgraded the rating on the outstanding certificates of participation for the Colorado Municipal Building Corp. in Pueblo, Colorado.
- Fitch Lowers $89 Million of Texas County's Detention Center Debt. Albanses, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;9/5/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31713, p37
Reports that ratings agency Fitch Ratings Inc. lowered the rating of $89 million of taxable certificates of participation issued by Reeves County, Texas from BBB-minus to BB. Reasons for downgrading the ratings of the certificates of participation; Information on the approach adopted by another...
- Vista: City to Spend $115M on Planned Projects. Allen, Mike // San Diego Business Journal;11/19/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 47, p12
The article reports that Fitch Ratings Ltd. assigned an A+ rating to $115 million in bonds called certificates of participation (COPs) to pay for planned improvement projects in Vista, California. The COPs are scheduled to be sold by Stone & Youngberg LLC and Citigroup Global Markets Inc....