Ambac and MBIA Shares Lost Value in 2002 But Still Beat S&P 500
- Bond Insurers: MBIA, Ambac Stocks Picked Up the Pace Late in 2001. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;1/3/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31296, p6
Reports on an increase in stock prices of Ambac Financial Group Inc. and MBIA Inc. Corporate profile of both the companies; Corporate profit of Ambac for the fourth quarter of the year 2001; Ratings given to the stock companies by rating agency Standard & Poor's Corp.
- Glaring spotlight turned on subprime mortgage insurers. Elstein, Aaron // Crain's New York Business;8/6/2007, Vol. 23 Issue 32, p1
The article discusses the drop in the share prices of the subprime mortgage insurer firms MBIA Inc. and Ambac Financial Group Inc. According to Edward Grebeck, chief executive of debt-market strategy firm, these companies have fancy credit models but they are relatively small companies compared...
- S&P 500, Dow Lose Support. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;7/27/2015, pA01
1 Stocks swung wildly at the open, and weak data out of China and mixed earnings reports left the S&P 500 below its 50-day line in a 1.1% drop. The Nasdaq also shed 1.1% to test its 50-day. The Dow fell 0.9% to below its 200-day line. Oil drillers and biotechs took serious beatings. The 10-year...
- S&P's Affirmation Boosts MBIA, Ambac. // American Banker;8/18/2008, Vol. 173 Issue 159, p9
The article reports on a review of Ambac Financial Group Inc. and MBIA Inc. by Standard & Poor's Corp. (S&P). After downgrading both companies from triple-A to double-A status in June, 2008, S&P announced that they had stabilized their operations, and deserved to retain the double-A rating as of...
- STOCKS OF THE WEEK. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);3/14/2008, Vol. 55 Issue 13, p11A
The article presents several charts depicting stock prices in Long Island, New York as of March 14-20, 2008 including shares of Hi-Tech Pharmacal, top 40 largest public companies by market capital, and Standard & Poor's 500 index.
- Markets. // MondayMorning;7/2/2012, Vol. 20 Issue 26, p1
The article presents information related to the financial market of the U.S. It has been informed that the all 10 groups in the Standard & Poor's 500 Index (S&P 500) increased in June 2012 due to increase in prices of stocks of industrial, technology and commodity sector. It has been informed...
- HIGHLIGHTS REEL. // Crain's New York Business;8/6/2007, Vol. 23 Issue 32, p4
Several charts and graphs are presented which are related to the stock performance of different companies on the Bloomberg/Crain's New York Index and the Standard & Poor's 500 Index, including one that features the shares that gained and another that shows shares whose prices fell.
- For The Record. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;4/23/2015, pA02
A correction to the Market Pulse box on the April 22, 2015 issue is presented which discusses distribution days on the Nasdaq and Standard & Poor.
- Uptrend Under Pressure Again. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;7/27/2015, pB02
1 A pretty positive week for earnings did not translate into stock action, as the Nasdaq and S&P 500 fell in 4 of 5 sessions. The Nasdaq ended down 2.3% to a test of its 50-day line. The S&P 500 punched below its 50-day line with a 2.2% loss. The Dow dropped 2.9% to end below its 200-day moving...