Connecticut Governor Wants to Reduce State Aid for School Construction
- Going gets tough for agency consolidation plan. Duby, Christopher Y. // Fairfield County Business Journal;5/15/95, Vol. 34 Issue 20, p4
Focuses on Connecticut Governor John Rowland's plans to merge the state's economic development agencies. Voting on the plan in the House of Representatives on the third week of May 1995; Doubts on the Economic Development (DED), Housing and Agriculture departments' consolidation; Consolidation...
- Rowland woos CEOs from neighboring states. Fleischer, Jo // Fairfield County Business Journal;11/20/95, Vol. 34 Issue 47, p2
Reports that Connecticut Governor John G. Rowland sent letters inviting companies in Metropolitan New York and western Massachusetts to relocate to Connecticut. Mail campaign; Concerns of New York officials; Details. INSET: The Governor's goal..
- Tighter purse strings could stymie efforts to lure new... Duby, Christopher; Fleischer, Jo // Fairfield County Business Journal;12/18/95, Vol. 34 Issue 51, p1
Reports that in 1995 Governor John Rowland revealed that the state of Connecticut will not be giving the ranch away because a company wants to move to Connecticut, but will offer loans not grants. How the state Department of Economic and Community Development (DECD) courts companies; Views from...
- College calls on state legislators for construction money. Gurliacci, David // Fairfield County Business Journal;4/5/2004, Vol. 43 Issue 14, p3
Reports on bond money requested by officials of Norwalk Community College (NCC) from the Connecticut State Legislature for the construction of the Center for Health and Science at the college. Governor John Rowland's indication of his support for the funding; Use of the construction bond to pay...
- $5 million state funds earmarked for inner-city businesses. Strempel, Dan // Fairfield County Business Journal;05/29/2000, Vol. 39 Issue 22, p5
Focuses on the allocation of state funds to finance inner-city businesses in Connecticut. Pledge of state support by Governor John G. Rowland; Launch of the Connecticut Inner City Business Strategy Initiative; Grant applications coursed through the state Department of Economic and Community...
- Norwich Gets Largest Library Grant in Connecticut History. // American Libraries;May2004, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p22
Focuses on the state grant announced by Connecticut Governor John G. Rowland to renovate and expand the Otis Library in Norwich in 2004. Worth of state grant received by the library; Statement issued by library executive director Linda Summers; Estimates on the total cost of the renovation.
- Quote of the week. Gizzi, John // Human Events;03/29/97, Vol. 52 Issue 12, p284
Presents a quotation from Connecticut Governor John Rowland comparing the stiffness of Republican presidential candidate Bob Dole and Vice President Al Gore.
- Connecticut, Guarding Its Ratings, Plans 'Lean' Bonding Mainly for Education. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;3/14/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31593, p4
Reports on the efforts of Connecticut governor John C. Rowland to limit the amount of debt that the state issues each year. Proposed amount of general obligations (GOs) bonds to be issued; Amount of GOs issued in 2001-2002; Ratings of the state by some credit rating companies.
- Connecticut's Rowland Calls for Bettering Education, Urban Centers. Peacock, Wayne // Bond Buyer;01/04/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31050, p4
Reports on the plan of Connecticut Governor John Rowland to use the state's budget surplus to support schools and urban renewal. Recession and self-defeating attitude in Connecticut; Praise given to the bipartisanship.