Judge, Most Bondholders Approve Alabama Park's Bankruptcy Plan
- Alabama's VisionLand Theme Park Files Chapter 9 Bankruptcy. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;6/6/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31402, p4
Reports the bankruptcy filed by theme park Vision Land in Bessemer, Alabama. Selection of International Theme Park Services to market the park; Financial support management by the West Jefferson Amusement and Public Park Authority Amount value of the theme park.
- Belmont Park Operator Files for Bankruptcy. Hirsh, Lou // San Diego Business Journal;12/6/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 49, p1
The article reports on the bankruptcy claims made by the Belmont Park operator, an amusement park in San Diego, California, following disputes in rent increase made by the city from 70,000 dollars to more than 760,000 dollars annually.
- Wichita Rides the West. // Wild West;Oct2007, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p12
This article reports on the bankruptcy of Wild West World, a theme park in Wichita, Kansas, in 2007. Co-owner Thomas Etheredge blamed construction cost overruns and a rainy spring for its debt. Opened in May, the park featured more than two dozen tides, with such names as Stampede, Wagons Ho, La...
- Conneaut Lake Park lives to ride another day. // Park World;Oct2016, p11
The article reports that the bankruptcy reorganization plan filed by non-profit organization Conneaut Lake Park for its amusement park in Western Pennsylvania has been approved, and mentions the federal bankruptcy protection filed by the park's operations in December 2014.
- Lofty theme park plans stuck on drawing board. Andrews, Greg // Indianapolis Business Journal;10/16/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 31, p4
Reports business developments in Indianapolis, Indiana as of October 2000. Plan of constructing theme parks; Cost of the project; Decision of Anacomp Inc. to file for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection from creditors.
- Recession lifts park's spirits. // Business North Carolina;Jun2009, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p38
The article reports on the bankruptcy of Ghost Town in the Sky, an amusement park in Maggie Valley, North Carolina. The park was supposed to open on May 22, 2009 but it was still waiting if the town would lend it $200,000. According to chief executive officer Steve Shiver, he hopes that the weak...
- Six Flags to bolster bankrupt Jazzland with cash influx. Clanton, Brett // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);5/13/2002, Vol. 22 Issue 47, p7
Reports the management of the Jazzland Theme Park by Six Flags Inc. in New Orleans, Louisiana. Bankruptcy status of the company; Court decision on the bankruptcy case; Transformation of Six Flags Inc. to a publicly traded company.
- Wild water's battle to stay afloat leads to bankruptcy court. Oken // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;01/17/2000, Issue 322565, p1
Reports on the bankruptcy filing of Clovis Lakes Associates LLC, owner of the Wild Water Adventures Water Park in Clovis, California. Purpose of the move; Clovis' previous reorganization efforts; Developments at the theme park which contributed to the company's decision to file for bankruptcy.
- Ebb Tide at Miami Beach. // Time;12/19/1977, Vol. 110 Issue 25, p101
The article focuses on the degeneration of Miami Beach in Florida. The signs of decay include a seedy backwater of debt-ridden hotels, gaudy condominiums and decaying apartments. Many hotels in the city are tangled in bankruptcy proceedings, no new hotels has opened in a decade, and revenues of...