Acquisitions & Partnerships
- THOMSON PROVIDES COX COMMUNICATIONS W/CABLE MODEMS. // Modem Users News;Nov2002, pN.PAG
Reports on the joint agreement between Cox Communications Inc. and Thomson multimedia which named Thomson as a Cox Inventoried Cable Modem Vendor for CableLabs DOCSIS 1.1 certified RCA DCM245 digital cable modem. Terms of the agreement; Features of RCA high-speed digital cable modems; Sales of...
- CDT/Thomson ink R&D deal. // European Chemical News;5/26/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 2054, p21
Announces the joint research program of Cambridge Display Technology and media services and equipment group Thomson. Polymer technologies to be developed; Aim of the program.
- Choice reviews Turkey. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;1/27/2006, Issue 2702, p2
The article reports on the partnership of First Choice Inc. with Thomson Corp. in reviewing its potentials in Turkey following flu outbreak, which affects customer confidence in the country. First Choice spokesman said that the company is currently reviewing capacity but has not taken any...
- Thomson Inks DTV Alliance with Funai. // Electronic News;1/24/2005, Vol. 51 Issue 4, pN.PAG
Reports on a partnership between Paris, France-based Thomson Corp. and Japanese company Funai Electric Co. Ltd. to develop digital television. Terms of the deal; Background on the use of color picture tubes from Thomson in the television.
- Kaplan Publishing Increases Educational Titles as it Dissolves S&S Partnership. // Book Publishing Report;Jan2007, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p10
The article reports on the increase of the educational titles published by Kaplan Publishing as it partners with Simon & Schuster Inc. in the U.S. The company has published a total of 227 titles in 2006 which 152 titles are on the education side and 75 are on the business segment. It is stated...
- Thomson to buy Solucient. Robeznieks, Andis // Modern Healthcare;9/25/2006, Vol. 36 Issue 38, p17
The article deals with the decision of Thomson Corp. to acquire Solucient. The deal could lead to expansion of the healthcare software and information company's services as it melds with an information giant. Solucient is now owned by VNU Group, a global information and media company; Veronis...
- PC World and Thomson team up for holiday savings activity. // In-Store;Jun2005, p6
Reports on the collaboration between computer retailer PC World, travel operator Thomson and promotions consultant SP Partnerships, to offer holiday savings to customers in Great Britain by the end of June 2005. Amount of holiday savings to be offered by the companies; Overview of the...
- AKIMBO TO OFFER MOVIELINK. Wagner, Holly J. // Home Media Retailing;1/8/2006, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p10
The article reports on the partnership of Akimbo and Thomson to design and manufacture an RCA co-branded player. The player offers movies from Movielink as well as titles already available on the Akimbo service. Key features and cost of the player are presented.
- Thomson Looks For Consumer Biz Partners. Malester, Jeff // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;12/19/2005, Vol. 20 Issue 26, p4
The article reports on a decision made by Thomson Corp. in December 2005 to seek a partner for most of its consumer business which could end up as a merger,licensing agreement or an outright sale. The consumer business includes the audio/video and accessories activities within its connectivity...