College Publishers Team Up With Platform Provider eCollege
- Exclusive: Thomson Learning Titles Lead Sales in College Economics Textbook Market in 2005. // Educational Marketer;9/18/2006, Vol. 37 Issue 27, p1
The article reports that new and used college economics textbooks from Thompson Learning earned a 28.3% market share of sales in the U.S. and Canada, according to Monument Information Resource. The company has surpassed the title sales of McGraw-Hill Cos. Inc. since 2002 with a 7% annual growth...
- McGraw-Hill, Microsoft Launch New Imprint. // Educational Marketer;6/3/2002, Vol. 33 Issue 16, p7
Reports that McGraw-Hill and Microsoft have formed a partnership to launch an imprint for information technology texts and materials.
- News Briefs... // Educational Marketer;11/08/99, Vol. 30 Issue 32, p8
Announces the partnership between McGraw-Hill's school division and Time for Kids, the classroom arm of `Time' magazine.
- Thomson Learning, McGraw-Hill Continue Battle Against Illegal Internet Sales Of Textbooks. // Educational Marketer;1/23/2006, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p1
The article reports that educational publishers Thomson Learning and McGraw-Hill have decided to settle a pending trademark and copyright infringement case against Halfvalue Inc. Halfvalue and affiliates were charged with illegally importing and reselling foreign editions of textbooks from the...
- Mindsurf Teams With McGraw-Hill To Provide New Channel For E-Textbooks. // Electronic Education Report;3/26/2002, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p5
Reports the partnership between Mindsurf and McGraw-Hill Co. in providing educational technology in the U.S. Contents of the Glencoe/McGraw-Hill Algebra I electronic textbook; Software for whole-class instruction and student assessment; Details on local area networks.
- 3 publishers try a swap of units. // Advertising Age;7/8/1996, Vol. 67 Issue 28, p2
This article reports a complex deal between publishers in the U.S. in July 1996. McGraw-Hill Cos. acquired the higher-education group of Times Mirror Co.. In exchange, Times Mirror will acquire McGraw-Hill's Shepard's legal publishing unit and contribute that to a new partnership with Reed Elsevier.
- Promotion Looks To Jump-start E-Book Sales. Zeitchik, Steven M. // Publishers Weekly;9/6/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 36, p18
Reports on the partnership of NuvoMedia with McGraw-Hill and Barnesandnoble.com for the promotion and sales of its Rocket eBook device. Terms of the agreement; Outlook for Nuvo's promotion initiative.
- Partnerships & Acquisitions. // Educational Marketer;7/8/2002, Vol. 33 Issue 20, p7
Announces the partnership between online education technology and service providers Denver, Colorado-based eCollege and United Arab Emirates-based Dubai Internet City. Technology and support services for academic institutions and corporate training organizations.
- Partnerships & Acquisitions. // Educational Marketer;9/2/2002, Vol. 33 Issue 25, p7
Provides updates on issues related to acquisitions and partnerships in the U.S. Partnerships of eCollege with XanEdu to provide class management software for higher education; Marketing of science activity kits by Delta Education through Powerpuff Girls Club; Team up of Thomson Custom...