New Jersey Joins ETS' Growing List of State Testing Contracts
- N. J. Officials Spar Over State Testing Plan. Diegmueller, Karen // Education Week;5/5/1993, Vol. 12 Issue 32, p18
The article report on dispute among New Jersey education officials and lawmakers regarding state's development of its own standardized student assessments. At a recent hearing called by the Assembly education committee, legislators from both parties criticized the state's testing program, which...
- SPECIAL EDUCATION. S. G. F. // Education Week;4/13/1983, Vol. 2 Issue 29, p16
The article reports on the collaboration between the Educational Testing Service Inc. and the New Jersey Department of Education for a special project aimed at reducing the paperwork of special-education directors. Instead of using the manual record-keeping system, the school now saved the...
- ETS Snags Plum California Assignment: High School Exit Exam. // Educational Marketer;11/19/2001, Vol. 32 Issue 33, p7
Reports on the contract signed by the Educational Testing Service company for California's high school exit exam.
- P.R. students tested. Fleming, Mali Michelle // Hispanic;Jun1994, Vol. 7 Issue 5, p12
Reports on the revision of academic tests for Puerto Rican students by the Educational Testing Service (ETS). University of Puerto Rico's contract with ETS; Statement of Pedro Rodriguez, project director of the Puerto Rico Statewide Systematic Initiative at the university; ETS' contract with...
- Vocational Education. Zehr, Mary Ann // Education Week;02/24/99, Vol. 18 Issue 24, p6
Details the testing of the High Schools That Work reform initiative, created by the Educational Testing Service. Basis on the National Assessment of Educational Progress; Percentage of students who met High Schools That Work performance goal on the test; Curriculum that have been included in...
- Assessment in a Changing World. // T H E Journal;Apr2000, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p18
Presents some of the highlights of the 1999 annual report of the Educational Testing Service which examined ways in which school assessment is evolving in the 21st century. Need for assessments that measure a wide range knowledge and skills; Measurement of more complex learning behavior.
- Panel Urges E.T.S. To Stress Education On Abuse of Testing. // Education Week;9/8/1982, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p2
The article reports on the effort of the Educational Testing Service Inc. to educate the public about the potential for abuse of the company's tests in the U.S.
- ETS Enters K-12 Testing Market With Creation Of 2 For-Profit Subsidiaries. // Electronic Education Report;09/27/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 19, p5
Reports the creation of commercial subsidiaries of the Educational Testing Services non-profit organization in Princeton, New Jersey. Implication of the subsidiaries to educational testing and research; Aim on the K-12 market; Plan on partnerships in the delivery and development of products.
- Editorial. Charp, Sylvia // T H E Journal;Nov93, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p6
Editorial. Describes some of the assessment programs being developed by Educational Testing Service. Includes Systems Thinking and Curriculum Innovation Network; Learning Plus-Computer-Based Learning of Skills and Strategies; Test of English as a Foreign Language.