School for Autistic Children Gets 'Deal of the Year' Donation
- From the Koran to carpentry. Toure, Aminata // UNESCO Sources;Mar97, Issue 88, p11
Features the daara Islamic school in Malika, near Dakar, Senegal. Establishment of the school in 1980 by a group of women; Description of the daara educational system in which children are sent to a priest for religious instruction; Education given at the Malika daara; Employment problems.
- How you can help. // Wilson County News;11/11/2015, Vol. 42 Issue 45, p3A
The article lists the resources available for assisting Floresville's tornado relief efforts including Pirates for Tigers Tornado Relief 5K Run/2K Walk, school supplies at Floresville Independent School, and donations at Floresville Food Pantry and Resource Center.
- Operation Bosnia. // UNESCO Courier;Apr94, Vol. 47 Issue 4, p40
Announces the first UNESCO school in Bosnia and Herzegovina was inaugurated on January 30, 1994 in Grude, opposite a site where a French humanitarian organization is building a village for refugees from the Mostar region. Two more schools will be built soon in Nevesinje and Kalesija.
- Distinctive students, distinctive methods. Morpeth, Ros // Adults Learning;Mar2003, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p22
Focuses on the National Extension College (NEC) in Great Britain. Impetus for the establishment of NEC; Two principles that have shaped NEC; Number of people NEC helped in 40 years.
- GOT STUFF? // Catholic Digest;Jun2011, Vol. 75 Issue 8, p12
The article reviews the web site The Giving Effect, located at thegivingeffect.com.
- Ifs reveals Â£1.6m deficit. Blackmore, Nicole // Money Marketing;7/1/2010, p3
The article reports on the 1.6 million-pound deficit that the ifs School of Finance, a registered educational charity organisation in Great Britain, has incurred from December 31, 2008 to July 31, 2009.
- Labour 'might act on schools.'. Ainsworth, David // Third Sector;7/24/2012, Issue 716, p4
The article reports that independent schools in Great Britain which do not do enough to serve the community at large may be stripped of its charitable status by a future Labour government, according the shadow education secretary, Stephen Twigg.
- Philantrophy. Sandham, Jessica L. // Education Week;11/12/97, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p7
Presents information related to school philanthropy. Grant given as part of Armonk, New York-based International Business Machines' (IBM) efforts to encourage technological innovation in education; All-day broadcast in which children call to volunteer in outreach programs in the United States.
- School supplies program applicants being sought. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);8/12/2009, Vol. 23 Issue 32, p2
The article reports on available slots for the School Supply Assistance Program sponsored by Lake Whitney Ministerial Alliance in Texas.