PALM BEACH INNOVATES OUTSIDE THE CLASSROOM
- Mead school plan envisions work worth $79.5 million. McLean, Mike // Journal of Business (10756124);10/7/2010, Vol. 25 Issue 21, pA5
The article reports on the 79.5 million U.S. dollar six-year capital plan of the Mead School District in Washington which includes the modernization of three schools and a number of other infrastructure improvements.
- District watches MMS troubles. Hannigan, Michael V. // Malakoff News (TX);6/26/2009, Vol. 100 Issue 26, p1A
The article reports on the purposeful surveillance of the Malakoff Independent School District (MISD) facilities committee on the construction problems associated with the Malakoff Middle School renovation in Texas.
- LEVY BY THE NUMBERS What does Boise School District's proposed levy look like? // Boise Weekly;3/7/2012, Vol. 20 Issue 37, p10
The article present several facts regarding the Boise School District's proposed levy including the amount of supplemental levy, the levy rate and utilization of the levy amount on maintenance and operations of schools and educational programs in the school district.
- Alameda, Calif. School Board Approves $180M of GOs for Ballot. Chin, Tonya // Bond Buyer;7/17/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34145, p1
The article offers information on the approval of the 180 million dollars of general obligations (GOs) fund by Alameda Unified School District board in California for improvement of schools. It states that the plan identified 585 million dollars worth of facility repairs, upgrades, and...
- Stick With a School Maintenance Plan. Kennedy, Mike // American School & University Exclusive Insight;6/ 1/2012, p10
The article discusses the need for education institutions to have a comprehensive maintenance plan and abide by its directives to ensure that school facilities are properly cared for. The Florida Department of Education's Maintenance and Operations Administrative Guidelines for School Districts...
- Performance contract enables savings. // American School & University;Apr96, Vol. 68 Issue 8, p47
Focuses on the Huntsville Independent School District in Odessa, Texas, and its school roll of 1,200 children, which has placed a demand for transportation and maintenance services. Use of Carrier's Total Retrofit Solutions process; Problems encountered with the heating, ventilation, and air...
- TEXAS: District Splits the Difference. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;7/22/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32923, p9
The article reports that trustees of the Allen Independent School District have informally agreed to consider a two-part debt plan, with less-expensive but more pressing projects being financed by bonds that could appear on the November 2008 ballot in Texas. It states that the November election...
- Texas' Mesquite ISD Plans Vote in May on $180M for Facilities. Philyaw, Jason // Bond Buyer;4/24/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32614, p28
The article reports on the plan of Independent School District in Mesquite, Texas to put a $180 million bond package to a vote in June 200, as it needs to build new elementary school and rehabilitate aging facilities. The district has identified at least 15 projects that it believes are high...
- Schools Need $663M Arlington Bond Panel Says. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;2/3/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34053, p1
The article informs that a bond advisory committee of Texas-based Arlington Independent School District (AISD) found that the district needs 663 million U.S. dollars to build new schools and upgrade existing facilities and transportation, as of January 2014. It mentions that Committee members...