Senator: O'Hare Expansion Costs Would Hurt Airlines
- United an underdog? Yes, in Latin America. Crown, Judith // Crain's Chicago Business;09/07/98, Vol. 21 Issue 36, p1
Looks at the efforts of United Airlines company to compete against its rival, American Airlines in the airline market in Latin American. Advantages held by American Airlines; Views of Mary Engdahl, regional vice-president for IMC Global Inc.; Status of the airline market.
- Summer of content. Flint, Perry // Air Transport World;Dec97, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p71
Reports the rise in the third quarter earnings of the United States (U.S.) major airlines during the three months which ended on September 30, 1997. Financial results in the market of the U.S. Majors; Compensation of a strong September market for weak yields in July and August; Pretax earnings...
- Year of discontent. // Air Transport World;Feb97, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p7
Reports on developments in airline labor negotiations in the United States as of February 1997. Unions' seeking to cash in on record profits being enjoyed by airlines; American Airlines' pilots' rejection of a tentative contract approved by leaders of the Allied Pilots Association; United...
- American, United, to tackle costs. // Air Transport World;Sep2002, Vol. 39 Issue 9, p11
Reports on United Airlines Inc. and American Airlines Inc.'s strategies to lower costs in the United States. Details of the cost-saving measures proposed by the airlines; United Airlines' possible bankruptcy.
- United's `candor' prompts ads for round-trip fares. Wilke, Michael // Advertising Age;7/21/1997, Vol. 68 Issue 29, p8
Notes that United Airlines and American Airlines have begun to advertise full round trip fares during sales. The importance of candor and honesty to customers; The traditional practice of advertising only one-way fares; Government policy regarding advertising with one-way fare information; How...
- Flight paths diverge for airline rivals. Merrion, Paul // Crain's Chicago Business;6/3/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 22, p3
Compares the dominance between United Airlines (UAL) and American Airlines at the airline industry in Chicago, Illinois. Impact of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on the airline industry; Revenue of both airline companies; Total aircrafts owned by UAL.
- Fare games. Levere, Jane // Conde Nast Traveler;Jan2000, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p34
Presents information on last-minute cheap fares and deals offered by several airlines through e-mail and the Internet. American Airlines Inc. as the company with the greatest variety of fares; United Airlines Inc. as the best international option; Flexible deals offered by airlines. INSET:...
- US majors seek a fresh vision amid the red ink. Field, David // Airline Business;Mar2002, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p14
Reports on the maturity in several major airlines in the U.S. during the 2001 recession. Financial results of United Airlines; Amount of net loss by major carriers; Outlook at American Airlines; Views on revenue visibility.
- AIRFARE SPECIALS. // LocumLife;Dec2007, Vol. 3 Issue 6, p6
This section offers air fare and schedule information as of December 2007. American Airlines is offering round-trip travel to popular destinations in Hawaii through February 14, 2008. For travel that must be completed by March 11, 2008, United Airlines is offering reduced round-trip fares to...