Florida Water Agency OKs Rates; Counsel's Fee Questioned
- Florida Utilities Purchase Presented to Analysts, Insurers. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;11/21/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31518, p30
Reports on the analysis of plan of Florida Water Services Authority to buy a privately owned water utility by ratings agencies. Road show organized by the company for the rating agencies; Mode of payment to the privately owned water utility; Number of lawsuits filed against the deal in Florida.
- Florida Water Service's $500M Deal Gets Baa3 From Moody's. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;1/21/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31556, p44
Reports on the rating of the Florida Water Service Authority's sale of utility system revenue bonds from Moody's Investors Service Inc. Corporate profile of Florida Water Service; Business strategies of Florida Water Service; Strategies applied in the rating of revenue bonds.
- Florida Agency Opening the Floor on Water Purchase Plans. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;11/18/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31515, p4
Reports that Florida Water Services Authority (FWSA) is holding its first statewide public hearing on November 18, 2002 to analyze its plan of acquiring the privately held Florida Water Services Corp. Amount involved in the deal; Cities that filed lawsuits against FWSA to stop the sale;...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Newman, Emily; Sigo, Shelly; Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;3/13/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31592, p2
Presents several news briefs related to the U.S. bond market as of March 13, 2003. Speech by the Treasury Department's Secretary John Snow on annual membership meeting of the Bond Market Association in New York City; Withdrawal of ratings by Moody's Investors Service Inc. and Standard & Poor's...
- Florida Water Board Shoots for Feb. 7 to Set Rate Targets. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;2/3/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31565, p3
Reports on the scheduled meeting of the Florida Water Service Authority board members to establish interest rate parameters for a negotiated sale of revenue bonds to purchase the state's largest privately held water and sewer company. Scheduled date of the meeting according to a board member;...
- Water bills set to increase by Â£10 in 2003. // Utility Week;5/2/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 18, p8
Reports on the announcement of the British Office of Water Services that the water bills in England will rise in 2003. Average price increase; Charges for sewerage; Average household bill of customers in South West Water.
- Water industry price changes. // Utility Week;5/2/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 18, p15
Reports on the outcome of the assessment conducted by the British Office of Water Services on water industry price changes in England and Wales. Average increase; Combined water and sewerage bills in 2003 to 2004; Average daily cost of receiving water services.
- Ofwat gives ground on spending plans. Andrews, Annabel // Utility Week;12/4/2009, Vol. 31 Issue 23, p4
The article reports on the final determination of average annual price limit changes by the Office of Water Services (Ofwat) for water and sewerage companies. Ofwat's final determination was set at an average annual increase of 0.5% above inflation instead of the industry average cuts of 4%...
- Cheap At Any Cost? Carpenter, Robert // Underground Construction;May2004, Vol. 59 Issue 5, p2
Discusses the impact of the price of gasoline and rising sewer/water rates on the economy of underground construction and rehabilitation markets in the U.S. Deterioration of underground piping infrastructure; Need of rehabilitating sewer and water lines; Emergence of unsafe sanitary facilities...