Democratic Governors Send $157B Stimulus Plan to Bush, Lawmakers
- Suffolk weighs amendments to Empire Zoning. Mancini, Rosamaria // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);8/23/2002, Vol. 49 Issue 35, p5A
Reports on the bill for the economic development in Suffolk County, New York. Terms of the proposal; Benefits of the proposal for the county; Size of the Empire Zone.
- Groups Seek Job Growth Through Community Investment. Williams, Walt // State Journal (WV);2/11/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p9
The article notes the efforts of two organizations, the Vision Shared and the Generation West Virginia, which aim is to promote economic development in proposing a legislative bill that would allow grants to communities in West Virginia for building amenities which may attract businesses and...
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;9/13/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31967, p34
Reports on the status of the legislative bills in the U.S. Approval of the tax cut and economic stimulus plan; Repeal of the 10-year rule for future single-family mortgage issues; Endorsement of the corporate tax cut bill.
- Six economic development bills wait for governor's approval. M.M. // Caribbean Business;7/17/2003, Vol. 31 Issue 28, p12
Reports on the need for governor's approval of economic development bills in Puerto Rico. Provision of the Prompt Payment Law; Legislative proposal to extend the tax benefit to corporations and partnerships; Enforcement of the Preference Law on government agencies for the acquisition of goods...
- Economic development bills won;t work for Louisiana. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);5/17/2004, Vol. 24 Issue 47, p24
Comments on the economic development bill in Louisiana. Secrecy in deals; Encouragement of subterfuge; Ways to encourage business development.
- Region's governors find popularity fleeting. Kremer, Jerry // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);8/8/2003, Vol. 50 Issue 33, p39A
Assesses the popularity of various politicians in New York City. Involvement of the politicians in different economic programs; Endorsement of several legislative bills; Level of performance.
- RTPI pursues strategy rap. // Planning (14672073);8/14/2009, Issue 1831, p2
The article focuses on the pursuance of the Royal Town Planning Institute (RTPI) in Great Britain on its combined regional economic and spatial strategies. Planning head Matt Thomson claimed they are concerned about the lack of democratic accountability and asked if it is already the right time...
- An Anti-Monopoly Legal Regime in the Making in China as a Socialist Market Economy. Xian-Chu, Zhang // International Lawyer;Winter2009, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p1469
The article presents a study conducted to examine the development of the antimonopoly legal regime in China. It discusses the problems faced while implementing the antimonopoly legal regime within the legislation and the major provisions of the Antimonopoly Law (AML). It also focuses on certain...
- Report: Climate bill to deliver 440,000 jobs. // American Agent & Broker;Jul2010, Vol. 82 Issue 7, p9
The article reports on the potential advantages of the climate bill, American Power Act of 2010, based on the analysis conducted by the Climate Works Foundation, including the creation of approximately 440,000 new jobs by 2020, save the consumer's energy bill by 35 dollars, and improve the...