Kansas Cities to Sell $180 Million of Notes, Bonds
- CLASS IS IN SESSION. Shenker, Mira // ReNew Canada;2011, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p8
The article focuses on the analysis of the status of infrastructure assets to maintain the projects under the municipalities in Canada. Project manager Guy FÃ©lio presents the infrastructure report card, which provides surveys as part of the repeatable assessment process of the infrastructure...
- THE SMART-CITY REVOLUTION. MARSHALL, TREVOR // Backbone;Sep/Oct2013, p22
The article discusses the efforts of several municipalities in Canada to promote digital innovations. It mentions that some areas in the country maximize the use of assets and boost their digital infrastructure such as by providing wireless and high-speed broadband access to people. The author...
- Elements of Real Asset Pricing: A Theoretical Analysis with Special Reference to Urban Land Prices. Markusen, James R. // Land Economics;May79, Vol. 55 Issue 2, p153
The rapidly rising general inflation rates of the early 1970s were, in many cases, dramatically outpaced by increases in real asset prices. In the pressure of the moment, a number of hastily conceived theories were offered to explain these asset revaluations. Several theories of the Canadian...
- San Juan. // Monkeyshines on America;Mar98 Territory: Puerto Rico, p17
Focuses on the capital city of San Juan in Puerto Rico. History; Population; Previous name; Location; Historical landmarks.
- Bayamon... // Monkeyshines on America;Mar98 Territory: Puerto Rico, p18
Focuses on Bayamon, the second largest city in Puerto Rico. Location; Historical landmarks; Museums.
- Urban decay: the rise of community compost programs Darcey, Sue // World Wastes;Sep1992, Vol. 35 Issue 9, p22
No abstract available.
- Ventilatory lung function and chronic chest symptoms among the inhabitants of urban areas with various levels of acid aerosols: prospective study in Cracow Krzyzanowski, M.; Jedrychowski, W. // Environmental Health Perspectives;Feb1989, Vol. 79, p101
No abstract available.
- Determinants of bone and blood lead levels among teenagers living inurban areas with high lead exposure Hernandez-Avila, Mauricio; Rubenstein, Elizabeth; Aro, Antonio; Hu, Howard; Palazuelos, Eduardo; Farias, Paulina; Fishbein, Eugenia; Meneses-Gonzalez, Fernando // Environmental Health Perspectives;Nov1998, Vol. 106 Issue 11, p733
Although lead has been extensively studied in children, its sources and effects remain unclear in adolescents. This study examined the relation of blood and tibia bone lead levels to lead determinants. One hundred adolescents living in Mexico City and surrounding suburbs were studied. Blood lead...
- EXTREME CITIES. Henes, Donna // Appleseeds;Nov/Dec2009, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p18
The article presents interesting facts about cities from around the world. It reports that around 14 million people live in the city of Mumbai in India. It informs that Potosi in Bolivia, and Llasa in Tibet at 13,420 feet above sea level are the highest cities in the world. It is noted that...