Broward Selects Syndicate for Upcoming Water and Sewer Deal
- GDB selects Commonwealth's bond syndicate. Oliver-Mendez, Ken // Caribbean Business;1/30/2003, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p10
Reports on the Puerto Rican Government Development Bank's selection of a syndicate to help manage the bond issues of the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico and its public corporations and municipalities through 2005. Senior managers for the syndicate; Bond issues projected by the bank for 2003.
- N.Y.C. Names Underwriting Syndicate. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;5/14/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31386, p1
Reports the selection of finance officials of underwriting syndicate to handle bond sales in New York City. Collection of Wall Street firms of payments for underwriting fees; Amount of general obligation sale; Names of the members of the underwriting syndicate.
- Underwriters Picked for California Power Pool. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;5/14/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31386, p3
Reports the selection of California Consumer Power and Conservative Financing Authority of firms to comprise an underwriting pool. Approval of the pool by the board of directors; Appointment of Banc of America Securities, Prager McCarthy and Sealy and Sjebert Brandford Shank and Co. to...
- UConn, Miami Airport, and Puerto Rico deals may turn heads. Ryst, Sonja // Bond Buyer;03/13/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30847, p8
Reports on scheduled bond issues in the United States. Issuers of bond offerings; Lead underwriters for the transactions; Target markets; Where the proceeds of the bond issue will be utilized.
- Calendar. // Bond Buyer;8/14/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32444, p13
The article presents a calendar of events related to government securities industry in the U.S. for August 2006. The City of Aurora in Colorado had published its underwriting services from August 2 to 14, 2006. The financial advisory services of the University of Massachusetts Building Authority...
- Deal in Focus: Longhorns Go Long Term With $298 Million Offering. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/26/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31332, p27
Reports that the University of Texas Board of Regents will sell multi-million dollars of Permanent University Fund bonds. Use of underwriting syndicates by the university in the deal; Facts pertaining to the deal.
- Denver RTD fires PaineWebber-led syndicate in long-running drama. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;04/29/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30630, p30
Reports that the Denver, Colorado, Regional Transportation District has voted to fire the Paine Webber Inc.-led syndicate to underwrite its bond offerings. Controversies over the selection of the syndicate; Other groups bidding to underwrite the district's issues.
- Florida Lures 39 Prospective Firms for Negotiated Deals. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;11/5/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 32997, p6
The article reports that Florida's Division of Bond Finance has received 39 proposals from firms wanting to become part of its underwriting pool as the state expects doing more negotiated transactions. The list includes large, middle-sized and small firms, as well as firms providing Web-based...
- Conflict of Interest in Commercial Bank Security Underwritings: United Kingdom Evidence. Hebb, Gregory M.; Fraser, Donald R. // Quarterly Journal of Business & Economics;Winter/Spring2003, Vol. 42 Issue 1/2, p79
The recent repeal of the Glass-Steagall Act in the United States has cleared the way for commercial banks to enter the securities underwriting business. Many of the concerns that resulted in the original passage of the Glass-Steagall Act, however, still exist. One of these is the possible...