Moody's: Beleaguered Oakland School District's Rating at Risk
- Moody's Drops N.Y. State Outlook. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;12/9/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31528, p1
Reports on the lowering of New York's general obligation credit rating by Moody's Investors Service Inc. as of December 9, 2002. Debt amounts of general obligation and lease and appropriation; Acknowledgement of the state budget deficit by the governor George E. Pataki; Consideration of selling...
- Moody's Puts North Carolina Triple-A GO Rating on Watch List Over $1.1B Deficit. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;4/25/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31373, p3
Reports the inclusion of North Carolina in general obligation bond rating on watch list for possible downgrade by Moody's Investors Service. Problems on budget shortfall of the state; Preparation of the state in selling variable-rate bonds; Presence of weak tax collections.
- Flint Mich's Deficit Earns Downgrade Threat. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;02/09/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31074, p30
Reports the possible downgrading of the municipal bond status of Flint, Michigan by Moody's Investors Service. Effect of the bond rating on general obligation unlimited tax debt; Projection of the fiscal deficit; Plan to file a deficit elimination plan.
- Johnston, R.I., Gets Upgrades Before Sale. Peacock, Wayne // Bond Buyer;06/11/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31157, p5
Reports the improvement of the bond of Johnston county in Rhode Island. Ratings given by Moody's Investors Services; Establishment of a financial review commission; Account on the general fund deficit in 1998.
- N.J. turnpike officials lambaste Moody's over toll hike recommendation. Demenchuk, Michael // Bond Buyer;08/19/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30212, p35
Reports on the New Jersey Turnpike Authority's criticism of a recommendation by Moody's Investors Service to raise tolls in order to cover a structural budget deficit. Credit concerns posed by Moody's regarding the agency's decision to forego a toll increase in favor of budget cuts and the use...
- In Hot Water With Rating Agencies. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;7/13/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31180, p1
Reports on rating downgrades announced against Tennessee and North Carolina by rating agencies. Standard & Poor's downgrade of Tennessee; Notice put on by Moody's Investors Service against North Carolina; Problems with budget shortfalls.
- Moody's promotes five of its analysts. Shah, Angela // Bond Buyer;08/14/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30209, p36
Names five public finance analysts promoted by Moody's Investors Service Inc. in August 1997 to the position of vice president-senior credit officer.
- Moody's Lowers Florida Agency Outlook, Citing Housing Deal. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;1/2/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31295, p40
Reports that ratings agency Moody's Investors service changed its rating on Florida based nonprofit organization Capital Project Finance Authority. Reason for the change in outlook; Contents of disclosure notice of Public Finance Associates Inc.; Effect of the notice on U.S. market conditions.
- Moody's Investors Service. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;2/26/1996, Vol. 144 Issue 9, p17
Reports that Moody's Investor Service changed the debt rating of Airbus Industrie from Aa3 to A1. What the move reflects; Impact of the change.