NEWS IN BRIEF
Tags: PUBLIC finance
- Short-term debt issued by Vermont down from last year. Kaplan, David // Bond Buyer;08/27/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30218, p6
Reports on the short-term borrowings of the state of Vermont. Credit ratings of Vermont's current general obligation bonds; Uses of the proceeds from borrowings raised on August 26, 1997; Expenditures for school funding reform.
- Illinois. Baar, Aaron; Williamson, Tammy // Bond Buyer;09/03/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30222, p26
Presents news items about public finance in Illinois. Includes financing for the new stadium of the Chicago Bears football team; Possibility of refinancing the state's $117.1 million certificate of participation; Bond float planned for the Chicago Public Schools Reform Board of Trustees.
- Worcester, Mass., says it will stick to issuance schedule, despite problems. Sherman, Lynn // Bond Buyer;09/05/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30224, p2
No abstract available.
- District of Columbia's goal for 1998? To go from surviving to thriving. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;01/06/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30304, p1
Focuses on the challenges concerning finance facing government officials in Washington, D.C. in 1998. Includes the reduction of the cash and accumulated deficits; Natural political slowdown of a mayoral election; Implementation of the 269 management changes submitted to the US Congress.
- Colorado's bond aversion unlikely to ebb. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;01/07/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30305, p34
Focuses on the probable sources of financing for a backlog of capital projects in Colorado. Prospects for a debt issue; Proposals on the allocation of surplus revenue.
- Passaic County, N.J., authority may be unable to meet debt service payments. Demenchuk, Michael // Bond Buyer;02/13/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30331, p3
Discloses that the Passaic County, New Jersey Utilities Authority may fall $3 million short of an $8.5 million debt service payment due March 1, 1998 because the city of Paterson is challenging a state-approved recovery plan in court. Federal court ruling that New Jersey's flow control system...
- SOUTHEAST Bond-Watch. Sigo, Shelly; DeSue, Tedra; Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;1/9/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31549, p25
Presents several news briefs related to public finance in the U.S. as of January 9, 2003. Sale of bonds by the South Broward Hospital District is being reported; Referendums by two states in the east coast of the U.S. predicted; Announcement by the Virginia Housing Development Authority.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. // Bond Buyer;1/23/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31558, p2
Presents several news briefs related to public finance in the U.S. as of January 23, 2003. Denial of reports by Minneapolis, Minnesota-based U.S. Bancorp Piper Jaffray regarding negotiations to sell its brokerage arm; Predictions by American Bankers Association Economic Advisory Committee...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Shields, Yvette; Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;1/28/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31561, p2
Presents several news briefs related to public finance in the U.S. as of January 28, 2003. Announcement by the National Association of Realtors regarding percentage home sales; Money that the Treasury Department is expecting to raise by auctioning securities; Bills of exchange held by the...