- Silicon Valley City Steps Up With Tax Allocation Issue. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;10/24/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31747, p30
Reports on the plan of Milpitas Redevelopment Agency to sell in tax allocation bonds in Santa Clara, California. Reflection of stability and financial management of the community; Addition of substantial long-term value to the bond issue; Improvement of tax increment revenues.
- D.C. Set for Third TIF Sale, With Plenty of Room Left Over. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;4/8/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31360, p34
Reports the speculation on the market for the tax increment financing (TIF) deal in Washington, D.C. Potential TIF revenue bond issues for the deal; Districts involved on the financing deal; Bond price for the Gallery Place project.
- DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA: Time Again for TIFs. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;4/29/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31375, p33
Reports the process of materializing the tax-increment financing (TIF) bond deal in Washington D.C. Application of the developers for Capital Towers in TIF; Details of three TIF deals; Advancement of the deals to the economy of the district.
- Atlanta Moves Toward Issuing Bonds for First of Two TADs. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;9/10/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31220, p35
Reports the issuance of bonds for the tax-allocation district in Atlanta, Georgia. Approval of the sale of the Atlantic Steel District tax increment debt; Conduction of validation hearings and legislation for outlining the parameters of the deal; Plans for the city commercial, entertainment and...
- South Carolina TIF Time. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;11/29/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31274, p1
Reports on the closure of a multi-million dollar tax increment financing bond deal to revitalize several projects in Columbia city, South Carolina. Three key projects that will utilize money from the proceedings of the deal; Terms of the deal; Insurer of bonds; Interest cost of bonds; Maturing...
- Thanks to a TIF, BP Plays the Good Guy in This Indiana City. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;6/23/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33338, p3
The article reports that the city of Whiting, Indiana sells 18.3 million dollars of tax increment financing (TIF) revenue bonds from taxpayer BP PLC to aid in the financial needs for the development on the city's Lake Michigan lakefront.
- For the first time, Columbus goes the TIF bond route. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;06/02/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30653, p28
Reports on Columbus, Ohio's issuance of $29.8 million of tax-increment financing bonds. Structure of the bond; Purpose; Underwriter; Letter of credit.
- Panel: TIF Bonds Gaining Popularity on East Coast. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;09/11/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30972, p4
Reports on the popularity of tax-increment financing bonds in the East Coast, United States. Use of tax revenues to back bonds; Financial assistance given by the Greater Richmond Convention Center Authority.
- TIF success gives cities impetus to seek more ratings. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;05/22/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30399, p37
Focuses on the growth of market acceptance of tax-increment financing bonds in the Midwestern area of the United States. Comment by Joseph O'Keefe, senior director at Fitch IBCA Inc.; Impact of the growing popularity on municipalities seeking ratings.