Florida Water Authority to Set Rates, Paving Way for Bonds
- Florida Water Services Picking Up $5M Tab for Deal's Expenses. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;2/28/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31583, p3
Reports on the plans of Florida Water Services Authority to issue about $510 million of revenue bonds to finance the purchase of 156 water and wastewater systems in Florida. Requirements to complete the deal; Ratings of the bonds assigned by credit rating companies Moody's Investors Service...
- Florida Water Service's $500M Deal Gets Baa3 From Moody's. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;1/21/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31556, p44
Reports on the rating of the Florida Water Service Authority's sale of utility system revenue bonds from Moody's Investors Service Inc. Corporate profile of Florida Water Service; Business strategies of Florida Water Service; Strategies applied in the rating of revenue bonds.
- Florida Water Must Wait for PSC Approval. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;3/10/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31589, p1
Focuses on a multi-million dollar bond issue by the Florida Water Services Authority that was delayed due to a court injunction to the state Public Service Commission (PSC) regarding the sale of Florida Water Services Corp. Purpose behind the sale of bonds; Customers who will be affected by the...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Newman, Emily; Sigo, Shelly; Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;3/13/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31592, p2
Presents several news briefs related to the U.S. bond market as of March 13, 2003. Speech by the Treasury Department's Secretary John Snow on annual membership meeting of the Bond Market Association in New York City; Withdrawal of ratings by Moody's Investors Service Inc. and Standard & Poor's...
- Florida Water Board Shoots for Feb. 7 to Set Rate Targets. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;2/3/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31565, p3
Reports on the scheduled meeting of the Florida Water Service Authority board members to establish interest rate parameters for a negotiated sale of revenue bonds to purchase the state's largest privately held water and sewer company. Scheduled date of the meeting according to a board member;...
- Judge's Ruling Bad News for Foes of Florida Water Deal. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;2/12/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31572, p3
Reports that a circuit judge in Santa Rosa County, Florida ruled as of February 11, 2003 that the court did not have jurisdiction to hear a legal challenge concerning the decision of the Florida Water Services Authority to buy a private utility with revenue bonds. Details of the court ruling;...
- Florida Water Agency OKs Rates; Counsel's Fee Questioned. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;1/13/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31551, p6
Reports on the approval of water and sewer rates by the Florida Water Services Authority (FWSA) on January 10, 2003 that will secure revenue bonds. Doubts raised about the fee to be received by the bond counsel for legal services; Purchase of Florida Water Services Corp.'s assets by FWSA;...
- Florida Water Services Authority Sees Deal as Not 'Cancelled Out'. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;3/17/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31594, p7
Reports on the controversial deal of Florida Water Services Authority (FWSA) to buy water and sewer company Florida Water Services Corp. Amount involved in the sale; Purpose of creating FWSA; Underwriter of the deal; Other buyers to be considered for the sale.
- Florida Utilities Purchase Presented to Analysts, Insurers. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;11/21/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31518, p30
Reports on the analysis of plan of Florida Water Services Authority to buy a privately owned water utility by ratings agencies. Road show organized by the company for the rating agencies; Mode of payment to the privately owned water utility; Number of lawsuits filed against the deal in Florida.