Moody's: Arizona Cities' Ratings Still Strong Despite State Woes
- Rhode Island Municipalities on Stable Financial Ground, Moody's Says. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;3/6/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31587, p29
Cites a report of U.S.-based ratings agency Moody's Investors Service Corp. which suggests that Rhode Island towns and cities do not face the credit concerns of neighboring states' municipalities. Reasons for the same; Credit outlook awarded for several localities in the state by the ratings...
- City's debt rating raised. // Northern Ontario Business;Nov2004, Vol. 24 Issue 13, p21
Reports on the improvement of the credit rating for the city of North Bay in Northern Ontario by Moody's Investors Service. Fiscal framework of the city; Existing budget and capital plan; Reliance on financing to meet infrastructure needs; Debt service costs; Local government policy.
- S&P Upgrades 36 Credits. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;4/21/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33303, p9
The article reports that credit rating agency Standard & Poor's Corp. (S&P) upgraded the ratings of 36 school districts and municipalities in the midwest of the U.S.
- It's Not So Hot in Cleveland as Fitch Downgrades City to A-Plus. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;4/14/2011, Vol. 376 Issue 33500, p3
The article reports that Fitch Ratings Ltd. has downgraded Cleveland, Ohio's credit rating from AA minus to A plus.
- Outlook Dims Over Dallas. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;9/13/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31470, p1
Reports the downgrade on the credit rating of the city by Standard & Poor's Corp. in Dallas, Texas. Reason for the downgrade of the rating; Ability of the city to maintain infrastructure; Statement on the negative outlook by chief financial officer David Cook.
- Merrill: Phoenix, D.C. Rising, But Other Cities' Ratings at Risk. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;12/30/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31790, p32
Reports on the credit rating upgrades for Phoenix, Arizona and the Washington D.C. according to an annual report of Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc. on the 25 largest U.S. cities. Requirement for earning an upgrade in Washington D.C.; Compliance to new reporting standards under the Governmental...
- S&P: California's Cities Faring Well Despite State's Fiscal Roller Coaster. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;10/11/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32235, p39
Reports that most city governments in California have maintained stable credit quality despite the state's economic and fiscal ups and downs, according to Standard & Poor's Rating Services. Advantage of the state's governmental structure; Ratings of incorporated cities on GO debt or lease-backed...
- Birmingham's Acting Mayor Says Budget Is Underfunded by $20M. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;11/4/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33211, p5
The article reports on the announcement by Birmingham, Alabama acting mayor Carole Smitherman that the city's budget is underfunded by 20 million dollars. Smitherman asserted that it could lead to a review of the city's double-A credit rating. She added that when finance director Steve Sayler...
- Moody's Investors Service. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;1/19/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32301, p31
The article reports that Moody's Investors Service Inc. has upgraded the credit rating of the sixty million dollars of general obligation bonds sold by Gatlinburg in Tennessee. The restructuring reflects increase in the city's tax base, population, strong financial operations and managed debt...