Senate Passes Stopgap Funding, Benefiting Highways, D.C
- Omnibus Bill Nearly Finalized, But Disputes Remain. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;2/12/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31572, p4
Reports that House and Senate negotiators in the U.S. are close to finalizing a fiscal 2003 omnibus appropriations bill as of February 2003. Details of the bill; Senators' approval of the inclusion of several billion dollars for highway construction.
- Debt Limit Hike May Be Made Easier. Kinnander, Ola; Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;5/23/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31392, p4
Reports the approval of a bill that allow language to increase in debt ceiling in the U.S. Increase of the debt limits of nations using the final bill; Details on the drafting of debt limit bill version; Provision to restore debt limits from highway funding.
- Omnibus Spending Packages Makes Progress. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;11/25/2003, Vol. 246 Issue 31769, p4
Reports on the deliberation of the omnibus spending package for fiscal 2004 in the U.S. Coverage of the appropriations bill; Provisions of the omnibus appropriations legislation; Proposal of the Internet access tax moratorium.
- Congress Approves $40 Billion Package In Response to Crisis. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;9/17/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31224, p1
Reports the approval of the 40 billion dollar appropriation in response to the crisis on the terrorist attack in the United States. Allocation of funds for disaster recovery; Role of Congress on the increase of appropriation; Details on the billing process.
- House Approves $3.6 Billion Budget Bill for District of Columbia. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;9/26/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31231, p7
Reports on the approval of budget spending bill of Washington, D.C. Details on the legislative package; Amendment offered by Representative David Weldon to the Senate Appropriations Committee; Stabilization of financial base from all credit agencies.
- House rejects motion to insist on Federal Police Program. // Human Events;12/22/95, Vol. 51 Issue 49, p23
Reports that the United States House of Representatives rejected a motion to recommit an appropriations for the Commerce, Justice and State Departments for Fiscal Year 1996 to change the funding allocations for the Federal Police Program. Expectations that President Bill Clinton will exercise...
- A Bill to Authorize Appropriations for Military Activities in FY 2001 Is Introduced in the Senate. // Contract Management;Jul2000, Vol. 40 Issue 7, p35
Describes a bill aimed at authorizing appropriations for military activities in the United States in 2001. Provisions to eliminate the requirement that the secretary of defense prescribe regulations that obligate certain contractors to furnish written assurances.
- Bills to Appropriate Funds for Military Construction, Housing, and Base Realignment for FY 2001 Are Introduced in the House and the Senate. // Contract Management;Jul2000, Vol. 40 Issue 7, p35
Describes bills that will provide spending for military construction, housing and base realignment in the United States in 2001. Details of the bill's provisions.
- First pieces of local-budget toolkit advance in Senate. Kitchenman, Andrew // njbiz;7/26/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 30, p2
The article offers information on New Jersey Governor Chris Christie's legislative bills for lowering local government spending, which include a proposal to use the income tax refunds of delinquent tax payers to pay local property taxes.