NEWS IN BRIEF
- Wholesalers are confident, but not over the long haul. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;9/5/94, Vol. 193 Issue 1, p5
Presents a survey on wholesaler confidence in business conditions in the United States. Concern over health care reform; Effect of interest rate stability; Sensitivity of wholesale-distribution companies to near term economic conditions.
- Labor: Women's apparel prices down 0.2% in July. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;8/16/1999, Vol. 178 Issue 32, p21
Reports on figures from the United States Labor Department on the drop in wholesale prices for US-made women's apparel in July 1999. Comparison with 1998 figures; Apparel industry as an imbalance in the economy; Components of the Producer Price Index; Performance of the overall national economy.
- Where Productivity is Growing in Wholesale Distribution. Fein, Adam J. // Metal Center News;Sep2006, Vol. 46 Issue 10, p4
The article reports on the contribution made by wholesale distribution of more than 25 percent of the total productivity gains in the economy of the U.S. since 1991. The importance of industrial productivity to economic growth is explained. The overall business sector was exceeded by...
- Wholesale Stocks Up; Sales Unchanged in lane. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;8/10/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31944, p2
Reports that inventories of merchant wholesalers in the United States rose in June 2004. Sales level; Forecast from IFR BondData America's poll of economists; Increase in the inventories of durable goods and non-durable goods.
- A wholesale recovery. Hoffman, William // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);4/4/2005, Vol. 6 Issue 14, p39
Focuses on the status of the wholesale-distribution industry in the U.S., as of April 2005. Factors that contribute to the growth of the industry, including imports; Information on the wholesaler-distributor revenue and gross domestic product posted in 2004; Contribution of warehouses and...
- Signals point to growth for 2012. Dietrich, Jeff // American Fastener Journal;Jul/Aug2012, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p8
The article focuses on the encouraging U.S. economic indicators for 2012. Positive news about the U.S. economy is presented such as the record retail sales and total wholesale trade levels, business-to-business activity being up 8.9 percent over 2011, and the growing labor market. Graphs of...
- Section 1: Current economic conditions. // Canadian Economic Observer;Aug2010, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p1
The article focuses on the economic conditions in Canada and also around the globe. It mentions that during April and May 2010, the output of services declined by 0.1 percent in Canada. It informs that the U.S. market had a slight growth in the second quarter of the year 2010. It reveals that...
- Building A Future. Cirillo, Jennifer // Beverage World;1/15/2009, Vol. 128 Issue 1, p36
The article discusses actions taken by Treu House of Munch Inc., a beer wholesaler based in Northwood, Ohio, to help cope with the effects of the U.S. economic crisis. Treu House of Munch distributes products from Anheuser-Busch InBev, Crown Imports and Goose Island brands, as well as Monster...
- Wednesday's Economic Indicators. // Bondbuyer.com;11/13/2014, p1
A table is presented that lists economic indicators in the U.S. as of November 13, 2014 including wholesale inventories and wholesale sales.