Denver Mayor Will Ask for Hospital Bond Referendum
- Colorado. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;07/15/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30187, p34
Reports on Denver, Colorado Mayor Wellington Webb's announcement that he will not seek a November 1997 ballot for the authorization of bonds for a new county jail. Plans to bring the issue to the City Council for consideration by 1998; Problems of overcrowding at the existing jail.
- Denver mayor reluctant to include jail bond issue in November ballot. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;05/12/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30391, p3
Reports on Denver, Colorado Mayor Wellington Webb's reluctance on the proposal to keep a $300 million jail bond issue from competing with other ballot questions. Reason for the mayor's reluctance; Options considered by Wellington; Pressure from accrediting agencies.
- Denver Hotel Bond Issue Up in the Air as Unions Challenge Authority. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;4/3/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31607, p36
The sale of $347.3 million of hotel revenue bonds by a Denver conduit issuer may be placed on hold after construction unions threatened to force a referendum on the plan. The city had planned to issue the debt this month via the Denver Convention Center Hotel Authority, which was created in...
- Walking to victory in Denver. Pachasa, A. // Ebony;Sep1991, Vol. 46 Issue 11, p69
Profiles Wellington E. Webb, 50, the first black mayor of Denver, Colorado. Webb's walking campaign; The June, 1991 runoff election between Webb and District Attorney Norman Early, 45, Webb's background and political career; His `back-to-basics'philosophy. oinsett
- Denver's walking mayor. Norment, Lynn // Ebony;Dec1993, Vol. 49 Issue 2, p29
Profiles Denver's mayor, Wellington E. Webb, 52, who excels as people's champion. How he literally walked his way into the mayor's office; His tenacity and earthy style; Problems and successes in his position; His vow to walk 21 days each year to meet his constituents; Colorado's Amendment 2;...
- Denver, Colo. elects first black mayor. // Jet;7/8/91, Vol. 80 Issue 12, p22
Recounts the election of Wellington Webb as the first black mayor of Denver, Colo. Comments from Webb; Contest against black District Attorney Norm Early; Grassroots campaign; Lack of race as a campaign issue.
- Denver Mayor Wellington Webb. MacLachlan, Suzanne; Mutch, David // Christian Science Monitor;6/8/95, Vol. 87 Issue 135, p2
Reports on the victory of Denver Mayor Wellington Webb in a reelection for the Mayorship for a second term. Details.
- Webb Elected To Third Term As Denver Mayor. // Jet;05/24/99, Vol. 95 Issue 25, p6
Offers details of the 1999 re-election of Denver, Colorado Mayor Wellington Webb to a third term.
- Denver mayor aims to create hospital authority. // Modern Healthcare;8/21/95, Vol. 25 Issue 34, p96
Reports on Denver, Colorado Mayor Wellington Webb's plans to create a quasi-municipal authority to run Denver General Hospital and other health clinics. Details of the plan; Previous approval by the Colorado Legislature approving the creation of a hospital authority; Comment by Patricia Gabow,...