Bush's Plan May Raise Muni Rates
- GEORGIA: Green Light on Green Space. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;11/13/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 33003, p9
The article reports on the decision of Cobb County, Georgia voters to approve the sale of $40 million of general obligation (GO) bonds to buy land for parks and green space. According to the author, the move is the second authorization since over 70% of voters approved $40 million of GO bonds...
- Chattanooga Sells $130 Million to Expand Conference Center. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;10/05/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 30990, p6
Reports that the city of Chattanooga, Tennessee has sold $129.4 million revenue bonds that will finance tourism-oriented projects. Support from ongoing lease payments; PaineWebber Inc. and SunTrust acting as co-managers; First issuer in Tennessee to sell debt under the Convention Center and...
- Norms for municipal bonds float. // Telegraph (Calcutta, India);12/31/2014, p9
The article reports on the proposal of Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) on the set of norms for the trading and listing of municipal bonds.
- Columbus, Ohio Selling $291M of AAA Paper. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;6/3/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34119, p1
The article informs that Columbus, Ohio is selling 291 million dollars of top-rated general obligation (GO) bonds to raise money for a series of capital projects across Columbus. It mentions that Columbus is selling GO in three categories including unlimited tax GO bonds, limited tax GO bonds,...
- Treasury Gains, New-Issue Demand Push Muni Bonds to a Higher Close. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;4/10/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31362, p2
Focuses on the profit earned by municipal bonds in the U.S. Performance for both oil and stock prices; Views on economic trends; Identification of the labor markets.
- Municipal bond and state and local finance legislative status report. // Bond Buyer;03/10/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30846, p6
Reports the municipal bond, state and local finance legislative status in the United States as of March 2000. Passage of a bill to increase the limit on bank deductibility; Proposed amendments for the District of Columbia Management Restoration Act; Status of the Stop Tax-Exempt Arena Debt...
- STAR District Site Picked. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;2/21/2012, Vol. 379 Issue 33666, p7
The article reports on the designation of the 400-acre site in the east of Wichita City, Kansas as sales tax revenue (STAR) bond district by the city council wherein it could issue debt to be supported by the revenue derived from the 6.3% sales tax of the state.
- Housing and economic agencies battle it out for funds. Molis, Jim // Bond Buyer;02/05/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30325, p32
Reports on the battle between housing and economic development officials in the Southern States for a tax-free cap on private-activity municipal bond allocations. Pressure on states to choose between using tax-free allocations to help attract new jobs or to generate low-cost loans for...
- From the TM3 wire. Ferris, Craig T.; Moccio, Carmine // Bond Buyer;06/29/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30424, p2
Presents three municipal bond-related news items in the United States as of June 29, 1998. Boom in the bond issuance business; Comparison between the increase in US personal income and spending in May 1998; Level of the University of Michigan consumer sentiment index for June 1998.