CSU Tests the Waters
- N.Y. Dorm To Refund $885 Million. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;9/6/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31465, p1
Reports the selling of the bonds of New York State Dormitory Authority to refund debt to finance State University of New York educational facility. Schedule for the marketing of the bonds; Amount expected in present-value savings from the deal; Arrangements for the rate of the bonds.
- OHIO: Ohio State Deals. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;11/28/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31273, p37
Reports on the plans of the Ohio State University, Ohio to sell variable-rate bonds worth millions of dollars. Book-runner and underwriter of the sale; Co-managers of the sale; Outstanding debt of the university; Ratings assigned by various rating agencies to the bonds.
- Upcoming $72M Sale Will Fund Arena For California State University Fresno. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;1/16/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31305, p30
Reports that more than $70 million in tax-exempt revenue bonds is expected to be sold in January 2002 in order to build a collegiate sports arena for a central California state university. Design and capacity of the arena; Sources from where the debt will be secured; Ratings assigned to the...
- Court Clears Oklahoma Higher Ed Deal. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;1/31/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32309, p5
The article reports on the refusal of the Oklahoma Supreme Court to rehear a failed challenge to the federally taxable bonds, the sale of which will push through to fund endowed chairs at state colleges and universities in Oklahoma. The proceeds from the bond issuance will be used to generate...
- Texas Lawmakers Work to Pass $3.7B of Tuition Revenue Bonds. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;5/15/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32381, p6
The article focuses on the actions of Texas legislature concerning the approval of the 3.7 billion dollars of tuition revenue bonds to finance projects for state colleges and universities. The house had reached a consensus on the tuition revenue bond issue, which provide funding for public...
- California State University in Market With $165M Sale. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;2/4/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31814, p3
Reports on the retail order period of the California State University System for its revenue bond sale. Amount of refunding bonds offered; Proceeds of the bonds; Aim to create an efficient borrowing structure with a diverse revenue base.
- Raleigh State Set to Deal. Temple-West, Patrick // Bond Buyer;4/15/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33300, p9
The article reports that the North Carolina State University (NCSU) at Raleigh is expected to issue 77.5 million dollars of tax-exempt and Build America Bonds (BABs) that will help NCSU fund a veterinary hospital, parking garage and student services in Raleigh.
- Phoenix Plans $233 Million for ASU Campus. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;4/21/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32116, p3
Reports on the plan of Phoenix to contribute an amount of bond proceeds to provide a downtown campus for Arizona State University (ASU) in Dallas. Rating of the city's general obligation bonds by Moody's Investors Service; Estimated amount of financing for the ASU project; Release of...
- North Carolina Back at Work on Budget, College Debt. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;7/14/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31925, p4
Reports on North Carolina lawmakers' budget discussions. Debate on the amount to be borrowed through the sale of bonds for several state university projects; Conflicting amounts requested by the House and Senate for the university health facility projects; General Assembly's deliberation of...