Michigan Agency Readies $285 Million Power Refunding Following S&P Hike
- S&P Upgrades Orange County, Calif., Ahead of $82M Refunding. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;4/10/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31362, p1
Focuses on the effort of Standard & Poor's Corp. in upgrading the issuer credit rating of Orange County, California. Amount intended for the bond refunding; Offer of ad valorem taxes; Financial flexibility of discretionary revenues and expenditures.
- Platte River Power Agency In Colorado to Refund $103M. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/30/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32557, p8
The article reports that the Platte River Power Authority in Colorado plans to go to market with a $102.5 million refunding. Proceeds from the tax-exempt offering will take out portions of the authority's Series DD bonds and Series EE bonds. The deal is structured as serial bonds reaching final...
- ILLINOIS: Blessing Outlook Improves. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;4/4/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32601, p9
The article reports on the revision of Illinois Housing Hospital's outlook by Standard $x0026; Poors concerning its A-minus credit to stable from negative, as the hospital prepares to sell $50 million of refunding bonds. According to analysts, the outlook revision was due to the resolution of...
- S&P: Thorek Hospital, III., Bonds Raised to A-Minus. // Bond Buyer;12/17/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32775, p2
The article reports that the rating of the Illinois Health Facilities Authority's $16.2 million of Series 1998 revenue refunding bonds was raised by Standard & Poor's Corp. from BBB-plus to A-minus in Illinois. The report notes that the refunding bonds was issued for Thorek Memorial Hospital,...
- S&P assigns first issuer rating in California. Berkman, Leslie // Bond Buyer;01/26/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30317, p5
Focuses on Standard & Poor's issuance of an issuer credit rating to Long Beach, California. Features of the rating; Reason for the issuance of the rating to Long Beach; Number of municipalities which have received such ratings.
- S&P Pushes Nassau County, N.Y., Up A Notch, Citing 'Significant Progress'. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;3/14/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31593, p3
Reports that credit rating company Standard & Poor's Corp. has upgraded Nassau County, New York's ratings. Reasons cited for the upgradation; Upgrade of ratings by other credit rating companies; Issues to be resolved for the county.
- S& P Puts Michigan's AAA on Negative CreditWatch, With Eye on Shortfall Strategy. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/4/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31754, p31
Reports on the triple-A rating assigned by Standard & Poor's to Michigan. Approval of general obligation campaign program; Definition of the scope and cost of unfunded capital projects; Amount of the general fund balance.
- Puerto Rico Retains S&P Negative Watch . // Bond Buyer;1/11/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31302, p5
Reports on the decision of Standard & Poor's Corp. on credit rating of Puerto Rico as of January 11, 2002. Projected gap in recurring revenue budgets; Availability of emergency funds to bridge the gap.
- With Air Travel's Future Turbulent, S&P Downgrades Two JFK Credits. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;2/8/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31321, p1
Reports that rating agency Standard & Poor's Corp. has downgraded two JFK International Airport credits in the U.S. Decline in the outlook on other airport credits; Comments of director Kurt Forsgren on the downgrade; Maintenance of A-level rating on the airport sector.