Budget Director Takes the Blame Off Illinois FIRST
- Advocates nervous as ax hovers. Baker, Sam // Hill;9/12/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 122, p26
The article offers information on the briefing event by the Alliance for Healthcare Reform on Capitol Hill to discuss what deficit reduction means for healthcare in the U.S.
- $10 million in ADAP funding still up in the air. Cyphers, Amber L. // Gay & Lesbian Times;5/8/2003, Issue 802, p14
Reports on the impact of state budget deficit and reductions in federal funding on the AIDS Drug Assistance Program's (ADAP) funds in the U.S. Medication costs provided by the program; Possibility of ADAP co-payments; ADAP's budget plans.
- State Legislative Agendas to Be Shaped By Budget Woes. Thompson, Robert W. // HR Magazine;Feb2003, Vol. 48 Issue 2, p29
Discusses the impact of budget deficits on state legislative agendas in the U.S. for 2003. Priorities of legislators; Issues in the paid family leave in California; Concerns on health care costs.
- The List: How 10 Economic Issues Stack Up. // U.S. News Digital Weekly;5/25/2012, p2
The article discusses a Gallup survey of Americans who rated the economic issues confronting the country, including health care cost, unemployment, the federal budget deficit, and weak economic growth.
- Action Needed Now For Coming Fiscal Meltdown. Franc, Michael // Business Journal (Central New York);2/15/2008, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p28
The article discusses the importance of government action in addressing future medical care cost and economic crisis in New York. According to the article, lawmakers are required to address the instability of medical cost which is predicted to increase by 80% in the future years. Moreover, the...
- Doctors Fight to Save Fees from the Knife. Quinn, William T. // njbiz;1/16/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p15
The article reports that medical groups in New Jersey lobby to eliminate the proposed budget cut in reimbursement rates in January 2006. The physicians in the state argued that if the cut has been approved they will be forced to start reducing the number of Medicare patients the observe. In...
- Cost of county services leads city to explore options. Porter, Steve // Northern Colorado Business Report;7/1/2011, Vol. 16 Issue 21, p1
The article reports on the plan of the Greeley city government in Colorado to provide its own ambulance service to its residents. It mentions that the plan came after complaints from residents on the high cost of ambulance service provided by the Weld County Paramedic Services (WCPS). However,...
- Is History Ready to Repeat Itself? Ferman, John H. // Healthcare Executive;Sep/Oct2006, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p44
The article explores the possibility that the U.S. Congress will target providers for Medicare spending cuts for 2006. The author warns that, as the Balanced Budget Act of 1997 will have its 10th anniversary in 2007, authorities will make another run at substantive Medicare and Medicaid spending...
- Chicago Announces $50 Million in Cuts in Effort to Bridge Budget Deficit. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/5/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32005, p4
Reports on budget cuts in Chicago, Illinois in effort to bridge the budget deficit. Reduction of employee positions; Privatization of custodial services at O'Hare International Airport; Investment earnings the city expects to collect annually; Effect of flat revenue growth, increasing employee...