Miami, Upset Over Delayed Deal, Might Boot Salomon
- Salomon Quits Miami Underwriting Pool. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;11/7/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31508, p1
Reports that Salomon Smith Barney Inc. has resigned from the six-member bond underwriting pool for Miami on November 5, 2002. Reason for the resignation; Possible blocking of the firm from serving as underwriter on other deals involving the city.
- Salomon Smith Barney Credits A Simple Recipe for Its Success. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;4/5/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31112, p1
Reports that U.S.-based finance company Salomon Smith Barney Inc. retained its number one spot among underwriting firms in the country as of April 2001. Reasons for the success of Salomon Smith.
- Salomon is summa cum laude for student loan debt. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;08/10/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30701, p30
Reports that Salomon Smith Barney Inc. has maintained the top ranking as an underwriter of municipal debt in the Southwest United States during the first half of 1999. Expertise of the company in student loan bonds; Reasons for the increase in issuance volume.
- Salomon's Sweep Plan Raises FDIC Fund Alarm. BLACKWELL, ROB // American Banker;12/6/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 233, p1
Reports on plans by Citigroup Inc.'s Salomon Smith Barney Inc. unit to launch a program that will offer as much as 600,000 dollars of federal coverage to the unit's customers. Reaction of Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. officials to the proposed program; Amount in insured deposits that could be...
- Salomon, UBS Led Among Senior Managers Again in 2002. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;1/2/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31544, p6
Ranks bond insurance companies on the basis of work done by them in 2002. Worth of transactions undertaken by Salomon Smith Barney Inc.; Debt sales undertaken by UBS PaineWebber Inc.; Positions held by other companies.
- MONY Spares Agents From Staff Cuts. Kosnett, Jeffrey R. // LAN: Life Association News;Aug99, Vol. 94 Issue 8, p28
Reports that the MONY Group excluded agents in its early retirement buyout or a voluntary enhanced pension program which was intended to reduce the number of its employees by 2000. Cost savings with the buyout; Salomon Smith Barney research report on the employee buyout; Status of the...
- Conseco Investor Raps Critical Analyst. Connolly, Jim // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;5/21/2001, Vol. 105 Issue 21, p47
Reports on the print advertisement placed by financier Irwin Jacobs, a shareholder at Conseco Inc., to chastise Colin Devine, an insurance analyst at Salomon Smith Barney, over a Salomon report released on May 7, 2001. Details on the criticism made by Jacobs about the insurance report; Stock...
- Solly Teams With Lincoln To Sell Life. Gjertsen, Lee Ann // American Banker;12/28/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 248, p1
Reports on the partnership between Lincoln Financial Group and Salomon Smith Barney. Lincoln's efforts to boost sales of its variable life insurance for estate planning; Benefits of the alliance to both companies; Annual premiums from average sale of Salomon sale of a Lincoln variable life policy.
- Top Senior Managers. // Bond Buyer;07/11/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30929, p6
Ranks the top ten senior underwriters and dealers for worldwide public finance for the first half of 2000. Salomon Smith Barney Inc.; Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc.; PaineWebber Inc.