Muni Participants Look to Extend Terms on IRS Panel
- Specifications for Filing Extensions of Time Electronically. // Internal Revenue Bulletin;10/31/2011, Vol. 2011 Issue 44, p666
The article advises the taxpayers to fill Transmitter Control Code (TCC) when making request for extension of time and if the taxpayers require additional extension of grace period then they can send a signed document by fax to U.S. Internal Revenue Service on the same day.
- IRS Notice Provides Limited Relief for 409A Plans; Does not Change Operational Compliance Deadline of January 1, 2008. // Venulex Legal Summaries;2007 Q3, p1
The article presents information on the U.S. Internal Revenue Service's (IRS) Notice 2007-78 which gives limited transition relief and additional guidance for compliance with the requirements of the Â§409A Final Regulation, which is effective January 1, 2008. Accordingly, the Notice extends...
- IRS Grants Issuer Extension to File Carryforward Paperwork. Schroeder, Peter // Bond Buyer;9/9/2009, Vol. 369 Issue 33180, p5
The article reports on the 45-day extension given by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to the student-loan bond issuer in the U.S. in September 2009. According to the IRS in a private-letter ruling (PLR), the bond issuer was given an extension to file the essential paperwork to hand forward...
- Form 5558 - Avoid Errors When Requesting an Extension. // Retirement News for Employers;Winter2012, p6
The article offers tips on how to fill the extension application Form 5558 of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service. It informs that the mismatched plan sponsor or the administrator's name must be identical. It is suggested to use the employer identification number (EIN) assigned to the plan sponsor...
- FILING EXTENSION CHANGES. // Practical Accountant;Aug2008, Vol. 41 Issue 8, p10
The article reports on the move of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to extend the due date on certain tax returns of businesses and individuals for 2008. The move is designed to help respondents who must report information from Schedules K-1 and similar documents on their individual...
- IRS lists counties eligible to extend stock replacement. // Clarendon Enterprise (TX);11/2/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 46, p10
The article reports on the decision of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service to extend the time period for replacement of livestock that has been sold as a result of drought. Producers who sell more stock than normal can select not to recognize any gain if the proceeds are used to purchase...
- Deferred Compensation Plan (Section 409A) Compliance Period Extended Until December 31, 2007. // Venulex Legal Summaries;2006 Q4, p1
The article reports on the decision of the U.S. Internal revenue Service (IRS) to extend the deferred compensation plan rules under Section 409A of the Internal Revenue Code until December 31, 2007. The extension provides welcome relief to sponsors of nonqualified deferred compensation...
- IRS Offers Filing Relief for 2010 Estates. // New Jersey CPA;Jan/Feb2012, Issue 31, p6
The article reports on the filing extension granted by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to estates in 2010 to file the Form 4768 and pay estate tax due until March 2012.
- No more automatic filing extensions for W-2 forms. // Payroll Legal Alert;Oct2015, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p1
The article reports that the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) will grant one nonautomatic 30-day extension for filing W-2 tax form with the Social Security Administration (SSA) to prevent identity theft.