Michigan Governor, Facing Deficit, to Reconsider New State Office Building
- Gov. 'all ears' on surcharge; no action yet. // Crain's Detroit Business;3/30/2009, Vol. 25 Issue 13, p26
The article reports developments related to various issues in Michigan. Governor Jennifer Granholm has declined to reduce the 22 percent surcharge on the Michigan Business Tax as of now. An expanded property tour in Rochester on April 23 will feature retail and office spaces available for...
- North American Bancard Adding Nearly 2,000 Jobs. // ISO & Agent Weekly;3/27/2008, Vol. 4 Issue 11, p1
The article presents information on the plans of Troy, Michigan-based North American Bancard Inc. to invest $25 million in new office building with the help of state and local government. According to Michigan Governor Jennifer Granholm, the new project will create about 2,000 jobs in the next...
- Tax Fixes Hinted. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/12/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31760, p25
Reports on tax changes plan of Michigan Governor Jennifer Granholm to balance a budget gap. Possible repeal of a cut in state income tax.
- Some advice for our new governor. // Crain's Detroit Business;11/11/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 45, p8
Presents suggestions for the governor Jennifer Granholm of Michigan elected in the year 2002. Priority for urban development; Increase in diesel tax; Concern for the business community.
- KEITH CRAIN: And now the really hard work begins. // Crain's Detroit Business;11/11/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 45, p8
Focuses on challenges faced by the governor of Michigan Jennifer Granholm. Stimulation of business; Increase in taxes; Need for cooperation of both the parties for success.
- Granholm targets public-relations, marketing contracts. Lane, Amy // Crain's Detroit Business;3/10/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p16
Reports on efforts of Jennifer Granholm, governor of Michigan, to put a stop to state contracts for public relations, marketing and other services deemed nonessential. Reason for the efforts of Granholm to contain state contracts; Condition when a state contract could be terminated; Contracts...
- CORRECTION:. // Lesbian -- Gay Law Notes;Jul2007, p139
Jennifer Granholm, who is governor of Michigan, was misidentified in the June 2007 issue.
- Governor Unveils Technology Center. Rent, Katy // Grand Rapids Business Journal;02/10/2003, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p1
Reports on the unveiling of the Michigan Small Business Technology Development Center in Grand Rapids by Governor Jennifer Granholm. Reason for establishing the center; Benefits of the center for the state; Role of the center in making Michigan a competitor in the technology sector.
- Michigan Governor, Taken Aback by Shortfall, Looks for Cuts. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/16/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31554, p30
Reports on the plans of the governor of Michigan Jennifer Granholm to lower spending in view of the state's revenue shortfall in fiscal 2003 budget. Estimated budget deficit for fiscal 2004; Proposed amount to be reduced in the state's school aid budget; Assumptions taken in estimating revenue.