- Broward County, Fla., to Refund ARS and Switch Insurers. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;6/23/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32905, p4
The article reports on the plan of Broward County, Florida to refund up to $110 million of auction-rate securities (ARS) and replace the debt with variable-rate demand obligations (VRDO) with triple-A rated bond insurance policy. According to the author, Broward County Commissioners are expected...
- Now Positive, Michigan Airport Agency Readies Refunding. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/18/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31991, p7
Reports that the Wayne County, Michigan Airport Authority plans to bring refunding to the bond market. Authority's return to the market to complete a swap that it agreed to as part of a larger bond issued in 2003; Bond insurer; Bond rating.
- Northeast Bond-Watch. Vadum, Matthew; Newman, Emily; O'Brien, Elizabeth; Cataldo, Adam L.; McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;11/22/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32015, p35
Focuses on bond deals in northeast United States. General obligations bond; Refunding; Underwriters.
- Florida County Sets $238M for Convention Center. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;4/26/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32119, p4
The article reports that Orange County, Florida, will competitively sell about $238.3 million of tourist development tax refunding revenue bonds on behalf of the Orange County Convention Center. The deal is structured with serial bonds maturing from 2006 through 2031, and a term bond due in...
- Community of Virginia Acts to Boost Rating. Thompson, Laura K. // American Banker;12/6/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 233, p5
Focuses on the efforts of Community Bank of Northern Virginia to resolve problems in its low-income loan portfolio. Gradation of the company by Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. (FDIC); Operations closed by the community bank; Appraisal of the company's efforts by FDIC.
- Record 4Q at Va.'s Community . Kline, Alan // American Banker;1/27/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 17, p4
Reports on the net income of Community Bank of Northern Virginia in the fourth quarter of 2002. Improvement in the company's performance.
- Analyst: Refundings to Fuel Issuance. Burton, Paul // Bond Buyer;1/21/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34245, p1
Issuance could total $325 billion to $375 billion in 2015, Janney bond analyst Tom Kozlik told a Philadelphia investor group.
- Orrick Herrington Crafts New Way to Refund Auction Rates. Campbell, Dakin // Bond Buyer;2/22/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32821, p7
The article reports on efforts made by lawyers at Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP to help issuers refund about $200 million auction-rate securities (ARS) in San Francisco, California. They proposed that issuers would refund ARS and then issue variable-rate demand obligations in their place....
- South Carolina Agency Readies $368 Million Deal With Swap. SeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;9/8/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31714, p5
Reports on the plan of the South Carolina Transportation Infrastructure Bank to start selling $368 million of auction-rate refunding bonds in a deal that include a swap to a fixed rate. Amount expected from refunding of debt sold in the year 2000; Names of insurer and financial adviser for the...