Salomon, UBS Led Among Senior Managers Again in 2002
- SSB, UBS Confirmed To Handle W.Va. Deal. Floyd, Daniel F. // Bond Buyer;6/29/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31171, p6
Reports that the Pension Review Board has confirmed that Salomon Smith Barney and UBS PaineWebber Inc. will be the senior lead underwriters for West Virginia's taxable bond sale. Pension panel created by Governor Bob Wise; Review of the proposed sale; Legal issues concerning the bond sale.
- Settled Suits Reap a Return Of Riches. Mariani, Michele // Governing;May2002, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p64
Focuses on legal battles over investment-management in the U.S. Settlement between California's San Bernardino County and brokerage firm Salomon Smith Barney over improperly invested funds and allegations of fraud and bribes; Cause of the majority of improper investments between 1992 and 1998;...
- Smith Barney, UBS Paine Webber Likely to Handle W.Va. $4B Deal. Floyd, Daniel F. // Bond Buyer;6/27/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31169, p40
Reports on West Virginia's expected confirmation of Salomon Smith Barney and UBS PaineWebber Inc. as managing underwriters for its proposed $4 billion pension bond deal. Pension funds which will be financed by the deal; Legal hurdles to the bond issue.
- Salomon, UBS Keep Top Spots Coming Out of First Quarter. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;4/1/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31605, p6
Salomon Smith Barney Inc. and UBS PaineWebber held on to their positions as the number one and number two senior managers for the bond market for the first three months of 2003. Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc. jumped two slots to number three from number five at the year end, while Bear, Stearns & Co....
- Salomon-Barney cost savings are just on target. Horowitz, Jed // Investment Dealers' Digest;03/16/98, Vol. 64 Issue 11, p7
Presents information on the headcount and projected cost savings of Salomon Smith Barney. Comments from James Dimon, co-chief executive of the company; Estimated number of persons who left the company's payroll; Expectations of megamergers among financial service firms; Detailed information on...
- Salomon loses a top block trader as effort stalls. Garrity, Brian // Investment Dealers' Digest;04/06/98, Vol. 64 Issue 14, p7
States that Salomon Smith Barney's equity block trading business suffered a setback the week of April 4, 1998, after losing its co-head of block trading, Bill Schneider. Company that has employed Schneider; Changes made in management due to loss of Schneider; Information pertaining to the firm.
- Smith Barney widening its reach by putting brokers in bank branches. Fraser, Katharine // American Banker;3/20/1998, Vol. 163 Issue 54, p1
Reports that Salomon Smith Barney company is placing its brokers in bank branches in the United States, for banks to serve its entree into new geographical markets. Identification of the locations where such has occurred as at March 20, 1998; Details on the fee-sharing agreement Smith Barney...
- Brokerage's bank reflects new style of financial services. Roush, Matt // Crain's Detroit Business;03/02/98, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p25
Presents information on Salomon Smith Barney's move into Banking in Michigan. Information on the Bank; What plans it has for the Michigan market; Details on what banks are getting into; Mention of other banks owned by Salomon Smith Barny.
- Cable outlook strong: Salomon. Mermigas, Diane // Electronic Media;04/27/98, Vol. 17 Issue 18, p26
Focuses on Salomon Smith Barney and its upgrading of the cable operators it tracks to a `buy' recommendation. What analyst Spencer Grimes based his across-the-board upgrade on; Comments from Grimes; Reference to Salomon Smith citing digital cable and high-speed data as catalysts; Relation to a...