California PUC Gets New Head
- CPUC President Peevey stepping down. // Energy Daily;10/14/2014, Issue 197, p5
The article announces that California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) President Michael Peevey has stated that he will step down from the commission by the end of 2014, prompting rumors that his resignation is connected to a federal investigation into the utility Pacific Gas & Electric (PG & E).
- LEGISLATING SOLUTIONS. Goudy, Amy Elizabeth // Minority Business Entrepreneur;Mar2013, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p36
An interview with Michael Peevey, president of the California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC), is presented. When asked what are the main changes in the procurement landscape that have affected utilities, Peevey cites the increase in amount of money spent by utilities with diverse suppliers....
- CPUC President Peevey likely to take over bill-of-rights measure. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR Wireless News;12/12/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 50, p9
The article reports that California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) President Michael Peevey is poised to take control of the deregulatory telecom bill-of-rights plan championed by Commissioner Susan Kennedy, in December 2005. Kennedy, a pro-business Democrat, had intended to issue a proposed...
- CPUC Bars PG&E Recovery Of Investment In Solar R&D Facility. // Energy Daily;5/15/2012, Issue 94, p4
The article reports that California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) voted against a proposal by Pacific Gas & Electric Co. (PG&E) allowing PG&E utilities to put nearly 10 million U.S. dollars on s state-based solar research and development (R&D) and manufacturing facility. Michael Peevey,...
- Feds probing PG&E 'back-channel' chats with top California regulator. DAY, JIM // Energy Daily;10/8/2014, Issue 194, p3
The article discusses an investigation conducted by federal prosecutors on communications between Pacific Gas Electric (PGE) executives and the head of the California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) including a dinner where commission President Michael Peevey asked PGE to contribute to the...
- California PUC unveils competition, investment plan. O'Shea, Dan // Telephony;12/13/93, Vol. 225 Issue 24, p1
Reports on the California Public Utilities Commission's report proposing several regulatory reforms and programs to stimulate spending on infrastructure improvements. Schedule for the proposal's review in the California legislature; Proposals of the `Enhancing California's Competitive Strength:...
- California gropes towards competitive electricity pricing. // Modern Power Systems;Jul95, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p11
Reports on the California Public Utilities Commission's proposal of setting up an independent system operator to control the purchase of electricity for the California system. Power of customers to buy directly from utilities; Advantages.
- CPUC adopts landmark restructuring plan. Warkentin, Denise // Electric Light & Power;Feb96, Vol. 74 Issue 2, p1
Reports on the California Public Utilities Commission's adoption of a plan that will create a competitive utility market structure. Competition and consumer choice; Regulation of terms, rates and conditions of utility services not subject to competition.
- Utilities Get OK to Again Buy Power. Jones, Ren�e Beasley // San Diego Business Journal;11/4/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 44, p32
Reports on the approval of the California Public Utilities Commission to allow several firms to begin buying power. Removal of the state from energy-buying services; Plans of San Diego Gas and Electric Co. to buy electricity; Effects of the deregulation law in the electric industry.