GSK Shareholders Deny Garnier Sweetheart Deal
- Lucozade Sport. // Marketing (00253650);12/6/2006, p91
This article presents an interview with J.P. Garnier, chief executive of GlaxoSmithKline PLC. According to Garnier, marketing team of the brand Lucozade Sport is a bunch of fitness fanatics. Garnier also commented on the Lucozade Sports Science Academy and Lucozade Performance Zone. Garnier...
- Skinning the Fat Cats. Dettmer, Jamie // Insight on the News;6/10/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 13, p55
Reports on the move of British shareholders in the pharmaceuticals firm GlaxoSmithKline to reduce the salary of chief executive officer. Similar desire of shareholders in the U.S.; Information on the salary of chief executive officers in the U.S.
- Pot Protests That The Kettle Is Black. Dettmer, Jamie // Insight on the News;6/24/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 14, p55
Reports on the decision of British shareholders in the pharmaceuticals firm GlaxoSmithKline to vote down a compensation package for their chief executive. Argument of Christopher Gent, outgoing chief executive of Vodafone, in support of the shareholders; Compensation of Gent.
- It's all in the contract. Saunders, Andrew // Management Today;Nov2003, p60
The article discusses about inclemency of the economic climate and increasingly strict rules on the disclosure of senior executive pay. J. P. Garnier at GlaxoSmithKline PLC and William Aldinger at HSBC company both had a hard time persuading investors earlier in 2003 that they really deserved...
- Overworked and underpaid. // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;7/11/94, Vol. 21 Issue 30, p20
Discusses the results of a survey conducted by `Canadian Business' magazine for its July 1994 issue. The compensation packages that Canadian chief executive officers are typically offered.
- Block those cuts. Poe, Randall; Courter, Carol Lee // Across the Board;Mar1996, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p5
Reports on a survey related to the salaries of chief executive officers.
- Top CEO salaries. // Business News New Jersey;1998 Book of Lists, Vol. 11, p138
Ranks chief executive officers (CEO) in New Jersey by total compensation received in 1997. Includes Melvin R. Goodes of Warner-Lambert; Lawrence A. Bossidy of AlliedSignal; Henry B. Schact of Lucent Technologies; Richard Jay Koogan of Schering-Plough.
- Tying CEO pay to performance: Compensation committees must do better. Hampson, H. Anthony // Business Quarterly;Spring91, Vol. 55 Issue 4, p18
Looks at compensation committees' methods of assessing a chief executive officer's (CEO) performance and eventually judging the latter's compensation. Building an atmosphere of trust and understanding; Need for strong directors; Importance of good performance measures; Critical nature of...
- A million dollars a year? Cote, Marcel // CA Magazine;Oct96, Vol. 129 Issue 8, p76
Discusses the compensation rules for chief executive officers (CEOs) in Canada. Three principles; Creation of bias toward salary increases; Supply and demand of CEOs; Comparison of the salary between CEOs and unskilled workers; Criticisms on the large compensation received by CEOs.