Retail REITs Ruled in 2002. Don't Count on a Rerun
- County's Retail Real Estate Market Improving. Hirsh, Lou // San Diego Business Journal;6/7/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 23, p15
The article offers news briefs related to real estate business including the stagnant consumer spending having a retail sales of 0.4%, Sage Hospitality Resources as the new manager of Hilton San Diego and the continues full steam of Grubb & Ellis Co. after losing its official local presence in...
- Tax Cuts Help Housing, Economy. Snow, John // National Mortgage News;1/26/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 18, p4
Reports on the impact of tax reform on the earnings of various real estate firms in the U.S. Decrease on the level of consumer spending; Analysis on the revenue growth of the firms; Affordability on the price of the houses.
- Nonresidential construction to lead market. // Westchester County Business Journal;11/10/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 45, p31
Reports on the leadership of nonresidential construction within the real estate business in the U.S. Job creation; Consumer spending; Growth in personal income.
- AprÃ¨s le deluge! Dekaser, Richard // ABA Banking Journal;Feb2007, Vol. 99 Issue 2, p68
The author offers reflections on housing prices in the U.S. While it is true that equity extractions from the real estate market have been huge in recent years, these extractions have not translated directly into consumer spending. In spite of huge equity withdrawals, real estate wealth is still...
- China's role as a consumption hub. // Market: Asia Pacific;May2003, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p3
Presents information on the economic conditions in China as of May 2003. Impact of slow population growth on consumption; Rise in foreign direct investment during 2002; Office vacancy rate as of the first quarter of 2003; Residential vacancy rate as of the first quarter of 2003.
- New Zealand's modest sales growth. // Market: Asia Pacific;Jul2003, Vol. 12 Issue 7, p8
Reports on the growth in sales of goods and services in New Zealand as of July 2003. Factor which contributed to the increase in household wealth; State of the macroeconomic climate for private sector consumption; Forecast on the recovery of real estate sales and development.
- Signs of economic pickup lay foundation for growth. // Westchester County Business Journal;11/10/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 45, p34
Reports on the economic improvement based on the state of real estate business in the U.S. Increase in consumer spending; Vacancy rates in the central business districts; Improvement in the labor market.
- China healthier than during Asian crisis. // Super Review;Feb2009, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p4
The article reports on the status of consumption spending in China. According to Credit Suisse research, overall consumption spending growth in the country will slow in 2009 but, with the exception of property, there is unlikely to have a major economic turmoil. The decline is due to poor...
- Real Estate Outlook for '09: Prepare for Market Recovery. London, Gary // San Diego Business Journal;12/22/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 51, p20
The author reflects on the forecast regarding the performance of the real estate market in California for 2009. He emphasizes that the best real estate investment strategy is one that concentrates on the building blocks for the future because prediction is always a risky business. He indicates...