Dallas--'Big D' for Development
- FDIC: State's Recovery Is Weak. Emrich, Anne Bond // Grand Rapids Business Journal;10/11/2004, Vol. 22 Issue 42, p17
Presents the results of a study conducted by Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. on banking trends and economic conditions in Michigan, as of October 2004. Concerns regarding job losses in the state; Background on the state's office vacancy rate; Significance of retail offices to community banks;...
- WARNING SIGNS THAT THRIVING IRISH RETAIL WAREHOUSE MARKET COULD OVERHEAT. Hunt, Marie // Estates Gazette;4/29/2006 Retail Supplement, Issue 618, p12
The article focuses on the performance of the retail property market in Northern Ireland. The decline in unemployment rate and low interest rates contributed to the performance. In 2005, retail sales increased by about 5% in volume. It predicts that consumers will continue to be the important...
- Retail Real Estate Business Conditions. // Retail Real Estate Business Conditions;1/4/2008, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p1
The article reports on the state of the U.S. economy in January 2008 and its impact on the retail real estate business. Unemployment rose in shopping-center in five of the last seven months. All indicators, such as the monthly manufacturing Purchasing Manager's Index of the Institute of Supply...
- Shopping-Center Hiring Turning Up. // Retail Real Estate Business Conditions;4/6/2007, Vol. 4 Issue 11, p1
The article offers world news briefs related to the retail real estate business. According to a Dow Jones Newswire report, jobless rate declined to 4.4 percent in March 2007. The Japan Chain Stores Association has announced that same-store sales at 84 supermarket chains declined by 1.6 percent...
- Retail Sales In November: Another Case Of Government Statistics Insanity. Fishman, Mikkel // Moderate Voice;12/15/2009, p15
The article presents the author's view on the November 2009 retail sales in the U.S. which many people point out that the country is well on its way to economic recovery. He is suspicious about the report as it did not even matched at all with the private data and summaries of financial...
- Slow Rebound for Greater L.A. Commercial Real Estate. // Orange County Business Journal;10/25/2010, Vol. 33 Issue 43, p30
The article reports on the increasing unemployment rate in the commercial real estate industry in Los Angeles, California.
- Vacancy, Lease Rates Fall in Los Angeles. // Orange County Business Journal;8/1/2004, Vol. 27 Issue 30, p38
Reports developments related to the commercial real estate in Los Angeles County, California as of July 2004. Decline in vacancy and rental rates; Growth of the industrial market; Assessment of the unemployment rate.
- Retail Set for Another Strong Year. Voorhees, Phil // Orange County Business Journal;2/24/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 8, p62
Presents an outlook for the retail real estate sector in Orange Country, California after its growth in 2002. Improvements posted in net absorption and lease rates; Factors defining the retail market in 2003; Need of national retail chains to add units to increase revenue.
- Wanted: more shopping options. Brannon, Keith // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);2/18/2002, Vol. 22 Issue 35, p15
Reports commercial space problems for retail trade in New Orleans, Louisiana. Location of shopping centers; Impact of parking problem on the plans of retailers; Efforts of city planners to search for trading areas.