Washington--High Rent District
- The Retail Triangle. Boswell, Brannon // Shopping Center World;Mar2003, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p45
Focuses on the growth of the retail market at Raleigh-Durham area in North Carolina. Income of the median household; Reduction of unemployment rate; Increase in average home price.
- D.C., Construction Capital. Hazlett, Curt // Shopping Center World;Mar2003, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p49
Reports on the development of the retail market in Washington D.C. Income of the median household; Reduction of unemployment rate; Stability of the economy.
- BUSINESS NEWS IN BRIEF. // Las Vegas Business Press;8/27/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 35, p3
Reports business developments in the U.S. as of August 2001. Increase in the rate of unemployment; Improvement of retail sales at discount, chain and department stores; Extension on taxation for Internet access.
- Miami--Tropical Punch. // Shopping Center World;Jan2003, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p41
Reports on developments in the retail industry in Miami, Florida as of January 2003. Decline in tourism; Unemployment rate; Vacancy rates in malls and shopping centers; Rental rates for retail estate.
- Romania retail sales, unemployment falls in April. // Regional Today;6/4/2014, p2
The article discusses a monthly report from Romania's National Institute of Statistics confirming a 3.2 percent decline in retail sales and a 7.1 percent unemployment rate for Romania during the period of April 2014.
- Jobless claims plummet; retail sales gather steam. Maurer, Katie; Olson, Scott // Indianapolis Business Journal;10/20/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 32, p47
Reports on the total jobless claims and growth of retail sales in Indiana, according to a report by the U.S. Labor Department.
- Better retail news from mid-2011. // Australian Journal of Pharmacy;Apr2011, Vol. 92 Issue 1091, p67
The article reports that low rates of unemployment would normalize retail spending patterns of consumers, with a slow start for retailers in 2011, according to Deloitte Access Economics.
- Retailers hope slowdown in travel gives a boost to holiday sales pace. Snavely, Brent // Crain's Detroit Business;11/12/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 47, p21
Forecasts the retail trade sector in the United States for 2002. Effects of unemployment and the stock market on sales; Provision of promotional incentives to consumers; Bankruptcy of firms.
- Trend. // Business North Carolina;Jan2000, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p7
Presents illustrations that show the economic condition of North Carolina in 1999. Employment status in the region; Retail sales in selected cities of the region; Regional forecast on retail sales and residential building permits.