- The Retail Triangle. Boswell, Brannon // Shopping Center World;Mar2003, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p45
Focuses on the growth of the retail market at Raleigh-Durham area in North Carolina. Income of the median household; Reduction of unemployment rate; Increase in average home price.
- D.C., Construction Capital. Hazlett, Curt // Shopping Center World;Mar2003, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p49
Reports on the development of the retail market in Washington D.C. Income of the median household; Reduction of unemployment rate; Stability of the economy.
- BUSINESS NEWS IN BRIEF. // Las Vegas Business Press;8/27/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 35, p3
Reports business developments in the U.S. as of August 2001. Increase in the rate of unemployment; Improvement of retail sales at discount, chain and department stores; Extension on taxation for Internet access.
- Washington--High Rent District. // Shopping Center World;Jan2003, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p46
Reports on developments in the retail industry in Washington, D.C. as of January 2003. Competition by national retailers for urban and suburban locations; Unemployment and vacancy rates; Local planning regulations.
- Romania retail sales, unemployment falls in April. // Regional Today;6/4/2014, p2
The article discusses a monthly report from Romania's National Institute of Statistics confirming a 3.2 percent decline in retail sales and a 7.1 percent unemployment rate for Romania during the period of April 2014.
- Jobless claims plummet; retail sales gather steam. Maurer, Katie; Olson, Scott // Indianapolis Business Journal;10/20/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 32, p47
Reports on the total jobless claims and growth of retail sales in Indiana, according to a report by the U.S. Labor Department.
- Better retail news from mid-2011. // Australian Journal of Pharmacy;Apr2011, Vol. 92 Issue 1091, p67
The article reports that low rates of unemployment would normalize retail spending patterns of consumers, with a slow start for retailers in 2011, according to Deloitte Access Economics.
- Pyramid schemes. Maisel, Sally J. // Cruise Travel;Oct99, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p50
Describes the sales tactics of vendors selling merchandise to tourists near the Giza Pyramids in Egypt. Approaches in initiating talks with tourists; Examples of how vendors show a sense of camaraderie; Ways of avoiding persistent salesmen.
- Tourism expected to drive demand for retail space. Palenik, Joe // Inside Tucson Business;12/30/2002, Vol. 12 Issue 30, p1
Forecasts the positive influence of tourism on the demand for retail space in metropolitan Tucson, Arizona in 2003. Growth forecasts for the area by Marcus and Millichap Real Estate Investment Brokerage analyst Ryan Spiekerman; Contribution of the tourism sector to economic conditions in the area.