Shootout at the Strip Mall
- Don't count on discounts. Gray, Andi // Fairfield County Business Journal;3/10/2008, Vol. 47 Issue 10, p11
The article provides an answer to a question on whether a company's decision to offer a 15 percent discount to its customers is just in their line of business as a retailer.
- Poundworld grows fastest of big three single-price discounters. Hegarty, Ronan // Grocer;8/4/2012, p6
The article reports on the expanding rate of single-price discounters at 25 percent a year as they continue to snap up high street stores, with Poundworld growing the fastest at 43 percent year-on-year, according to a report by Him!.
- Thanksgiving likely harbinger for retail. Mortland, Shannon // Crain's Cleveland Business;11/19/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 47, p3
Reports discounts offered by retailers in Cleveland, Ohio. Need to convince customers to spend; Prediction of decline in holiday sales; Views of analysts regarding the discount sale.
- Retailers plan big discounts for lean holiday. Curan, Catherine // Crain's New York Business;11/19/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 47, p1
Reports on the price reduction plan of retailers for the Christmas season in New York, New York. Announcement on the reduced prices of Max Florentino merchandises; Evidence of accelerated price cuts; Impact of the terrorist attacks on the sales of retailers.
- Beige book: Retail is strong. Maxwell, Alison // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;3/18/1999, Vol. 177 Issue 52, p18
Reports that a survey on business conditions released by the United States Federal Reserve gives more evidence on the advantage of post-holiday price discounts for retailers. Strategy to sell winter merchandise; Promotion for the spring line.
- Sales & Bargains. // New York;5/5/2003, Vol. 36 Issue 15, p44
Reports on discounts offered by New York City-based retail stores from April 30 to May 6, 2003. Bridal gowns and accessories from Michelle Roth; French clothing line Paul and Joe available at several stores; Contact information.
- Software at discount is hardly a bargain. Hisey, Pete // Discount Store News;2/5/96, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p14
Opinion. Discusses that discounters need to sell their products at discount prices in order to stay competitive and to be successful.
- Discounting in European Food and Non-Food Retailing: Implications for retail Structures. // European Retail Digest;Spring94, Issue 2, p28
Examines discount retailing of food and non-food products in Europe. Problems of discounters; Development of food discounting; Leading food discounters; Discounting by non-food sectors.
- Price-tag blues. Snavely, Brent // Crain's Detroit Business;8/4/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 31, p1
This article focuses on the strategy adopted by retailers in the U.S. to deal with falling prices by discounts and better merchandise. Art Van Furniture Inc., Michigan's largest furniture retailer, says a nationwide decline in prices gives the company an opportunity to buy higher-quality...