More Bad News for Retailers: Rising Rent
- The FN List. Ernst, Jennifer // FN: Footwear News;11/6/2006, Vol. 62 Issue 44, p22
The article presents a list of the most expensive retail rents outside the U.S. They include Causeway Bay in Hong Kong, China, Avenue des Champs ï¿½lysï¿½e in Paris, France, New Bond Street in London, England, Ginza in Tokyo, Japan, Grafton Street in Dublin, Ireland, and Myeondong in...
- Shop rents stable in UK but leaping in Ireland. // Cabinet Maker;11/5/2004, Issue 5413, p6
Reports on the comparison of rentals at top shopping streets in Great Britain and Ireland in 2004.
- Stay put or cash out? Cordova, Elisabeth Butler // Crain's New York Business;5/19/2008, Vol. 24 Issue 20, p1
The article reports on the rise in the purchase of stores in SoHo, New York City. It informs that international retailers are offering huge amount of cash to take over the stores and reports that the average retail rents for the shops in the area has increased by 32%. Also mentioned are renting...
- CBRE Releases Manhattan Retail MarketView. Kraat, Betsy // National Real Estate Investor Exclusive Insight;2/27/2012, p4
The article reports that the average asking rents rising in nine out of 11 surveyed retail corridors, with Times Square's 17.65 percent increase to 1,700 U.S. dollars per square feet leading the way, according to a Manhattan Retail MarketView report for fourth quarter of 2011.
- TOP O' THE SHOPS. Mills, Kate // BRW;8/2/2012, Vol. 34 Issue 30, p47
The article addresses the cost of retail rents in Australia.
- rent/sales index. // ICSC Dictionary of Shopping Center Terms;2005, p129
A definition of the term "rent/sales index" is presented which refers to a measure that helps determine whether a store's rent is proportion to the sales it generates.
- Diamond Districts: Most Expensive Streets in 10 North
American Cities. // FN: Footwear News;9/6/2004, Vol. 60 Issue 35, p26
Presents the top 10 most expensive retail streets in the U.S. and Canada. Rent charged per square foot; Retail stores located in the streets.
- McKinley to Manage 45 Single-Tenant Grocery Stores. Stratton, Kelly // National Real Estate Investor Exclusive Insight;10/15/2012, p9
The article states that McKinley Commercial Client Services will manage a portfolio of 45 single-tenant Albertsons grocery store properties concentrated on several western and southeastern U.S. states mostly leased by Stater Bros., Bag 'N Save and Sweetbay supermarkets.
- Aaron sets Canada unit, and buys 8 U.S. franchises. // Furniture/Today;10/27/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 8, p46
Reports on Aaron Rents Inc.'s plan to open its first Aaron's Sales and Lease Ownership store in Canada in November 2003. Acquisition of eight U.S. franchise locations; Amount spent for the acquired stores.