Will the Real Santa Please Stand Up?
- IN A PERFECT WORLD... // Advertising Age;3/23/2015, Vol. 86 Issue 5, p0032
The article looks at how shopping malls could use their data to better connect with shoppers including the use of an application that recommends retail stores, customized promotional campaigns, and the offering of personalized services.
- Retailers unwrapping products, plans for '98 holiday season. Rodda, Kelli // Business Press;08/28/98, Vol. 11 Issue 17, p7
Reports that retailers in Texas are preparing for the 1998 holiday season by stocking up on merchandise and unpacking holiday decorations. Holiday activities planned by shopping malls; Lease of space at Ridgmar Mall; Survey by Decision Analyst Inc. of consumer purchase plans.
- Galleria courts weddings, events to aid comeback. Bullard, Stan // Crain's Cleveland Business;2/5/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p16
The article reports on the make-do strategy of Galleria mall in Cleveland. Galleria mall is occupied with art galleries, assortment of retail services and office tenants but empty stores still line the two-story mall. CEO Werner Minshall of Minshall Stewart Properties, owner of Galleria mall...
- Stop blaming big box. Craig, Tim // DSN Retailing Today;9/20/2004, Vol. 43 Issue 18, p5
Comments on the different ways in which society views retail in the U.S. Influence of retail trade on the people; Reason behind the fascination of people on retail; Names of influential retail stores.
- Opinion: Global viewpoint from Dubai. Young, Rohan // Campaign;9/12/2014, p1
I should confess that I arrived in Dubai just a few months ago. But, from the moment you arrive, you sense Dubai is a city where entrepreneurs rule and anyone with a vision (and deep pockets) can make things happen. Everything in Dubai is big. From the world's tallest building to the world's...
- BEING PREPARED. Cavanagh, Elaine // Estates Gazette;9/15/2007, Issue 737, p168
The article reports that the competitive market, Leamington Spa's council is determined to defend its retail prominence. John Archer, head of planning and engineering at Warwick council says that research commissioned by the council reveals that there is unmet demand for comparison goods...
- Extracting Retail Dollars. Fickes, Michael // Chain Store Age;May2007, Vol. 83 Issue 5, p126
The article talks about retailers opening many stores in the same or adjacent markets such as American Eagle Outfitters, which operates 833 stores in 50 states in the U.S. A lifestyle retailer opens 600 to 650 stores when its mall market matures and may begin to look at other formats like...
- New business tap into opportunities offered in Ohio's sixth largest retail market. // Crain's Cleveland Business;10/31/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 44, pS1
This article reports that Mentor ranks sixth in Ohio for total volume of retail sales and leads all non-central Ohio cities. Its mix of retail, from big box stores and Great Lakes Mall to quaint shops in the Old Village and a wide range of eating establishments, brings people from around the...
- Perhaps this year, Malaysia will see it's not just about
logos. Amdur, Mark // Media: Asia's Media & Marketing Newspaper;1/16/2004, p11
When you're next in Kuala Lumpur, visit Mid Valley Mega Mall in Petaling Jaya or better yet the swish SSC shopping centre in Petronas Towers and witness the passing parade of global brands. In Malaysia, it seems to mean a logo, while corporate' is something that is almost always associated with...