Ask Dr. Internet
- The Border Patrol: Firewalls For VOIP. Audin, Gary // Business Communications Review;Oct2003, Vol. 33 Issue 10, p23
No abstract available.
- Firewalls Face Next-Gen Challenges. Krapf, Eric // Business Communications Review;Apr2003, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p55
No abstract available.
- Ask Dr. Internet. Blass, Steve // Network World;4/1/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 13, p37
Presents a procedure in setting up a hotel-type Internet access connection. Use of Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol to obtain IP addresses; Availability of DHCP services for Internet access connections; Solution for firewall blocked electronic-mail relaying.
- June tech tips -- firewalls, routers and switches. Stewart, John // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;6/6/2011, Vol. 40 Issue 45, p8
The article explains the functions of firewalls, routers and switches in Internet applications and whether they are necessary to one's business.
- You might not be as safe from hackers and thieves as you think. Wollenberg, Yvonne Chilik // Medical Economics;6/21/2002, Vol. 79 Issue 12, p8
Provides tips in protecting the computer against computer viruses. Use of an antivirus software; Importance of disconnecting the Internet when not in use; Installation of a firewall.
- Hardware Firewall Makers Eye Hot Consumer Broadband Market. Bumback, Jaclynn; Wolf, Mike // Electronic News (10616624);7/23/2001, Vol. 47 Issue 30, p16
Comments on the potential of the broadband market for companies offering routers incorporating firewall capability that fends off Internet intrusions. Projected amount of the market for consumer hardware firewalls by 2005; How firewalls operate; Features of intrusion detection systems.
- Firewall stall. Connolly, P.J. // InfoWorld;9/30/2002, Vol. 24 Issue 39, p22
Comments on the cybersecurity plan of the U.S. government that would require Internet service providers to provide personal firewalls to their customers. Regulations by the government to promote safety on the road; Lack of protection for individuals and small businesses.
- Working on Ol' Reliable. Guytan, Vincent // Wireless Review;12/15/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 24, p42
Offers a look at the application of Internet techniques such as data caching and firewalls to address network-reliability concerns caused by subscriber growth, wireless number portability (WPN) and convergence. Growth of Internet traffic; Challenges faced by telecommunication carriers; Benefits...
- Ask Dr. Intranet. Blass, Steve // Network World;04/16/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 16, p43
Answers readers' questions regarding firewall programs used by Internet service providers. Ethernet cards connected to separate networks; Configuration of firewall programs to handle ping packets; Approaches to routing the mail traffic of clients.