Texas Prepares for First Railroad Bond Sale Since 1880s
- Missing Financials No Impediment to Utah District's Bonds. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;07/25/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30939, p3
Highlights the decision of Jordanelle Special Service District in Utah to pursue the plans to sell special assessment bonds on July 25, 2000. Correction of a wrong financial statement in a preliminary official statement; Value of the negotiated transaction.
- Fairfax County, Va., Board to Vote Dec. 8 on Proposal for Rail Tax District. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;10/31/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31752, p5
Reports that the Fairfax County, Virginia, Board of Supervisors is expected to vote in December 2003 on a plan to create a tax district that would pave the way for a bond financing plan to cover the county's share of an extension of the Metrorail subway system to Dulles International Airport. ...
- Wash. Audit Questions Sewer Bonds. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;8/21/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31207, p1
Reports that the Washington State auditor has challenged the validity of $20 million in bonds sold by a utility local improvement district in the state in 2000. Allegation that Holmes Harbor Sewer District violated numerous laws; Aspects of the proposed commercial development called Silver...
- N.J. Legislature Looks Sure to Approve Local Take on TIFs. Higginbotham, Stacey // Bond Buyer;10/03/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 30988, p4
Focuses on the provisions of the legislation on tax-increment financing in New Jersey. Enabling of municipalities to create revenue allocation districts; Sale of bonds backed by added tax revenues generated from development within the municipalities' borders.
- Special MUDs Have Served Texas Well for a Century, Experts Say. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;2/4/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31814, p32
Focuses on the performance of municipal utility districts (MUDS) in Texas. Formulation of special districts in the state; Importance of MUDs; Number of bond issues produced by MUDs.
- Pennsylvania School District Appeals IRS Ruling That '96 Issue Is Taxable. // Bond Buyer;7/10/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 34219, p6
The article reports on the appeal of a Pennsylvania School District on the ruling of the United States Internal Revenue Service that its 1996 bond issue is taxable. The school district may sue up to eight parties to the transaction. Bondholders should be protected from taxation and deal...
- Austin Area Schools Hit Market With More Than $550M. Williamson, Richard // Bondbuyer.com;8/ 4/2014, p21
The article reports the move by four school districts in Austin, Texas as of early August 2014 to issue over 550 million dollars worth of top-rated bonds in the primary market as the start of classes nears. The districts are Austin, Dripping Springs, Leander and Manor. The opinions of Austin...
- COLORADO: Triview May Double Debt. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;10/30/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32744, p9
The article reports that voters are scheduled to decide on the proposal to nearly double the 47% million of debt already issued by the Triview Metropolitan District, a special taxing district, in Monument, Colorado. The district plans to issue $41 million of bonds to pay several improvements...
- Deal Will Be First from a Kentucky Library District After Legal Victory. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;2/22/2016, Vol. 1 Issue 34463, p1
The Nelson County Public Library District in Kentucky plans to competitively price $1.6 million of general obligation refunding bonds on Tuesday.