Pocahontas Tollway Lowered to Junk
- Southwest bond-watch. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;01/05/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30551, p25
Reports on news developments about municipal bonds in the Southwest as of January 5, 1999. Includes the possibility of issuing bonds in Arkansas to build the state's first toll road; Rating by Standard & Poor's of the Colorado Educational and Cultural Facilities Authority Series 1999 revenue...
- Calif. Road Agency Gets Junk Rating. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;5/19/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31638, p1
Standard & Poor's Corp. has lowered its rating on about $1.8 billion in debt issued by the San Joaquin Hills Transportation Corridor Agency in California to BB from BBB-minus. Analysts blamed the reduction to junk status on weaker-than-anticipated traffic and revenue for the Orange County toll...
- Anemic Toll Traffic. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;8/11/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32194, p27
Reports on the move of Standard & Poor's Corp. in reaffirming the B-minus rating in South Carolina. Estimation of toll road debt; Value of current-interest toll road revenue bonds; Factor affecting the continued failure of traffic and revenue.
- S&P Warns of 'Asset Bubble' in Global Infrastructure Sector. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;12/1/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32519, p5
The article reports that growing global market for the acquisition of airports, toll roads and other infrastructure is causing rise in the prices of these facilities and leading to more borrowing. It was revealed by a report released by Standard & Poor's Corp. on November 30, 2006. The report,...
- S&P assigns an investment-grade rating to bulk of South Carolina road bonds. Molis, Jim // Bond Buyer;01/09/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30307, p31
Reports on Standard & Poor's issuance of an investment-grade rating to most of the $192 million of toll revenue bonds to be launched by Connector 2000 Association Inc. to finance the construction of a toll road near Greenville, South Carolina. BBB-minus ratings for two of the three series of...
- Orange County Slowdown. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;5/2/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32870, p1
The article reports on the year-over-year decline in traffic and revenue numbers of the Foothill/Eastern Transportation Corridor Agency in Orange County, California. The 5.9% decline recorded in September 2007 is noted to be driven by the crisis in the housing market. With the slowdown,...
- Utility ratings group realigns as it goes global. // Electrical World;Sep96, Vol. 210 Issue 9, p12
Reports on the realignment of Standard & Poor's utility ratings department. Global electric, gas, and water utility analyzing team to be headed by Edward Z. Emmer; Coverage of international telecommunications and cable television industry to be headed by Richard Siderman.
- Open-ended pool financing nears. // Electrical World;Jul98, Vol. 212 Issue 7, p10
Reports that according to the ViewPoint of Project Finance, Utilities, and Concessions report from Standard and Poor's Ratings Services, market participants are refocusing on credit risk. Why participants are refocusing on credit risk; Comments from William Chew, managing director, Standard and...
- Restaurant stocks moved in S&P index changes. // Nation's Restaurant News;01/13/97, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p14
Reports that Standard & Poor's Equity Services Group has reported that several restaurant stocks have been moved to different index classification after restructuring its listings for the restaurant industry group. Companies that were moved to other classifications.