Chicago's $6.6 Billion O'Hare Plan Now Awaits Approval From FAA
- Clarke International Airport. Hawcroft, Sam // Asian Business Review;Dec96, p22
Reports on the plans to develop the Clark International Airport as the premier international airport in the Philippines. Inauguration of an interim passenger terminal on June 15, 1996 to service the immediate needs of the area.
- IAC project at Kennedy Airport site moves ahead. Anastasi, Nick // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);10/12/2001, Vol. 48 Issue 42, p3B
Focuses on the development of office and warehouse in the JFK International Airport, New York City corridor as of October 12, 2001. Features of the airport corridor; Company that is developing the airport corridor; Scheduled date for completion of the corridor.
- Gary-Chi. Airport's hub plan worth a serious look. // Crain's Chicago Business;04/06/98, Vol. 21 Issue 14, p10
Opinion. Comments on the city of Gary, Indiana's proposals to turn the Gary-Chicago Airport into a cargo aviation hub. Reference to Gary asking Chicago to expand its airport alliance; Information on talks to develop another Chicago-area airport; What would happen if Gary and Chicago can strike...
- One-of-a-kind in Dubai. // Air Transport World;Jan1998, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p53
Reports on Dubai International Airport's Resource Management System. Design of system by DNATA Airport Services; Value and functions of system; What systems was designed to do.
- Speeds expansion of airport. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;6/10/85, Vol. 122 Issue 21, p59
Thailand's Ministry of Communications is accelerating the construction schedule for expansion of Bangkok International Airport in an attempt to complete the facility by late 1988, six months earlier than planned. The new facility is expected to more than triple peak-hour passenger capacity.
- Heathrow, John F. Kennedy, and the Leduc International. // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;9/11/95, Vol. 22 Issue 39, p43
Reports on the ranking of international airports based on a survey conducted by the International Air Transport Association.
- Open for business. Mackey, Michael // Air Transport World;Feb96, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p61
Features the Macau International Airport in Macau. Composition of Macau International Airport Co.; Space limitations; Facilities; Projected users of the airport.
- The lone runway. Woolsey, James P. // Air Transport World;Apr97, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p58
Describes the Narita International Airport in Tokyo, Japan, considered the gateway to all of Asia. Estimated number of passengers handled at airport annually; Volume of tons of international freight handled at airport; Environmental restraints limiting the number of slots that can be used; Plan...
- New Durban airport named. // Southern African Tourism Update;Feb/Mar2010, Issue 211, p5
The article announces the opening of the King Shaka International Airport at La Mercy in Durban, South Africa.